2014 Mar Software
All (108) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings & Reports (13) | News, Features (21) | Opinions, Interviews (19) | Publications (16) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (8)
- SAS Analytics U to offer free software, MOOCs
- Mar 25, 2014.
The new SAS University Edition and already established SAS OnDemand for Academics offer free use of SAS foundational technologies, ideal for data and statistical analysis in teaching, research and self-paced learning.
- Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms – view report
- Mar 25, 2014.
Pioneering predictive analytics vendor RapidMiner was positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the first "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms" - view the full report.
- Alpine Data expects faster, easier Data Science with Spark
- Mar 18, 2014.
Alpine Data Labs becomes one of the first companies to be certified on Apache Spark, reported up to 100x faster than Hadoop. Alpine answers 3 questions from KDnuggets.
- Trifacta – Tackling Data Wrangling with Automation and Machine Learning
- Mar 17, 2014.
Trifacta wants to solve the important problem of data cleaning and transformation by building better interfaces which use machine learning. It then aims to help enterprises make sense of their disparate data sources and cut down on time needed to prepare data for data science.
- KDnuggets Twitter Social Network
- Mar 14, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter social network, created by NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel for social network analysis.
- Analyze Data 10X Faster with the Lavastorm Analytics Engine
- Mar 13, 2014.
Download your free copy of Lavastorm Analytics Engine Public today and analyze your data faster, handle more volume, eliminate Excel headaches and improve data visibility.
- Paxata automates Data Preparation for Big Data Analytics
- Mar 7, 2014.
Paxata wants to shorten and automate the data cleaning process, by augmenting data from a huge number of sources and by using machine learning to see statistical similarities between the data imported.
- etcML Promises to Make Text Classification Easy
- Mar 5, 2014.
etcML is a new and free tool that allows even novice user use the power of machine learning and text classification.
- Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language – what it means for Data Science?
- Mar 2, 2014.
The coming Wolfram Programming language, 30 years in making, will probably be the largest, most comprehensive, and most knowledge-based programming language ever, and can be a significant advance for data science.