2014 Nov News, Features
All (82) | Courses, Education (11) | Meetings (6) | News, Features (15) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (19) | Publications (11) | Software (5) | Top Tweets (10) | Webcasts (5)
- new post
- Dec 7, 2014.
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science
- Nov 24, 2014.
We revisit KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon, which examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science
- Nov 23, 2014.
We update our analysis of top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science. The largest groups grow faster than smaller ones, the number of discussions is growing, but engagement and comments are declining. Are groups reaching saturation?
- Top stories for Nov 16-22: R, Hadoop make machine learning possible for all; Azure ML is the next big thing
- Nov 23, 2014.
R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone; Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists? 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist.
- New Poll: Industries where you applied analytics / data mining in 2014?
- Nov 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: where did you apply analytics / data mining in 2014? Please vote and we will analyze, compare, and publish the results.
- Top stories for Nov 9-15: IBM Watson Analytics – Will It Replace Data Scientists?
- Nov 16, 2014.
IBM Watson Analytics - Will It Replace Data Scientists ? Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Most Popular SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; Top KDnuggets tweets last week: P-values are not as reliable.
- 2015 RecSys Challenge: predicting online purchases from clicks
- Nov 14, 2014.
ACM RecSys 2015 poses the 2015 RecSys Challenge, seeking researchers interested in prediction of purchases and clicks from online users using a dataset provided by a large European retailer.
- DrivenData: Box-Plots for Education
- Nov 11, 2014.
DrivenData with ERS is seeking to improve budgetary strategy for public schools through this data science competition which aims to predict how budgets are allocated.
- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data
- Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
- SemEval Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis Competition
- Nov 9, 2014.
User-Generated content has resulted in an increased interest in sentiment mining, and with this, aspect-based sentiment analysis (ABSA). Develop new techniques in ABSA for ABSA15.
- October 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity
- Nov 8, 2014.
October 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DrivenData, Map-D, Microsoft buys Equivio, Alteryx, Cazena, Ello, Zoomdata, Cloudera buys DataPad, Tibco goes private.
- Top stories in October: Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?
- Nov 4, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete?; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets; Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration.
- DrivenData: Data Science Competitions for Social Good
- Nov 4, 2014.
DrivenData plans to bring cutting-edge practices in data science and crowdsourcing to some of the world's biggest social challenges and the organizations taking them on.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in October
- Nov 3, 2014.
17 new meetings including MLConf, H2O World, Deep Learning Innovation Summit, BigDataWeek; Analytics tools from InfoCaptor, analytixBASE, Wizard, uxColor, and more.
- Top stories for Oct 26 – Nov 1: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?
- Nov 2, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete? Cartoon: Halloween Costume for Big Data; CRISP-DM, still the top methodology for analytics, data mining, or data science projects; Big Data accelerates medical research? Or not?