2014 Nov Publications
All (82) | Courses, Education (11) | Meetings (6) | News, Features (15) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (19) | Publications (11) | Software (5) | Top Tweets (10) | Webcasts (5)
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Science
- Nov 25, 2014.
Top SlideShare data science presentations provide a unique view on topics like data science management, using Python and NumPy in your data science project, and leveraging data science for enterprise big data.
- KDnuggets 14:n31, Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics; Cartoon: Thanksgiving Data Science
- Nov 25, 2014.
Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science; Cartoon: Thanksgiving and Turkey Data Science; 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist, and more.
- White paper: How Analytics Is Shaping HR Role In Business
- Nov 20, 2014.
Download a free white paper which focuses on the changing nature of HR in the workplace due to increased analytics and the improved ability to integrate data and systems, from the perspectives of 4 experts from top firms.
- Companion Website for “Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms”
- Nov 19, 2014.
Supplementary materials for the textbook Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms are now available online and include figures, slides, datasets, videos, and more. Download them today.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists
- Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Mining
- Nov 13, 2014.
SlideShare data mining presentations cover many topics, offering a unique way of consuming data mining content and exploring a variety of slideshows, both narrow and broad in scope.
- How Analytics is Shaping HR Role In Business – White Paper
- Nov 8, 2014.
Human resources has been shaped by data analytics in how it can provide insights into workforce management, leading to improved utilization of human capital and stronger business strategies.
- Big Data Comic Explains the Current State of Privacy
- Nov 7, 2014.
A new comic from Al Jazeera simplifies the Big Data concepts and educates on the privacy concerns based on recent technology advancements.
- KDnuggets 14:n29, Big Data Winter ahead? Wikibon Big Data takeaways; LIONoso
- Nov 5, 2014.
Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course; Wikibon Big Data Capital Markets Day key takeaways; DrivenData: Data Science Competitions for Social Good, and more analytics, big data, data mining, and data science stories.
- Forrester Research: It’s Time For A User-Driven Enterprise BI Strategy
- Nov 4, 2014.
This report deconstructs the inherent conflict between IT and business users and presents an innovative action plan that gets both sides aligned in order to win, serve, and retain customers. Download free report.
- Free Urban Data – What’s It Good For?
- Nov 1, 2014.
See how the increasing availability of free urban datasets that has come with more cities participating in free data programs can be applied to solve interesting problems in this Big Data article.