Data: APIs, Hubs, Marketplaces, and Platforms
Data APIs, Hubs, Marketplaces, Platforms, and Search Engines
- AggData, aggregate data in 15+ categories, with a focus on location data, like Starbucks locations.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Public Data Sets, provides a centralized repository of public data sets that can be seamlessly integrated into AWS cloud-based applications.
- Azure Data Marketplace (Microsoft)
- BigML Azure Data Marketplace widget
- CKAN, the world leading open-source data portal platform, aimed at data publishers (national and regional governments, companies and organizations) wanting to make their data open and available.
- data.com, part of Salesforce.com, source of D&B info and millions of contacts.
- Datacatalogs.org, open government data from US, EU, Canada, CKAN, and more.
- DataFerrett, a data mining tool that accesses and manipulates TheDataWeb, a collection of many on-line US Goverment datasets.
- DataHub.io, free data management platform from the Open Knowledge Foundation: publish, search, and get updates about data.
- DataMarket, visualize the world's economy, societies, nature, and industries, with 100 million time series from UN, World Bank, Eurostat and other important data providers.
- DataProvider, crawls the web to create a database of information about companies.
- Enigma, wants to be "Google for public data" and provide easy access to government, NGO, and other public domain datasets.
- Exversion, search 100K+ datasets, consume them through one simple API or upload your own data to collaborate, publish, or share.
- Factual location platform enriches mobile location signals with definitive global data, enabling personalized and contextually relevant mobile experiences.
- Figshare, a platform for researchers: figures, datasets, media, papers, and presentations can be published in a citable, searchable, and shareable way.
- Freebase, a community-curated database of well-known people, places, and things.
- GDELT: The Global Data on Events, Location and Tone, described by Guardian as "a big data history of life, the universe and everything."
- Google Public Data, with dynamic visualization and exploration tools.
- Handshake, an app and a website that allows you to negotiate a price for your personal data directly with the companies that want to buy it.
- InfoChimps, Data Marketplace and Big Data Platform
- Knoema, provides statistical profiles, commodity prices, and other data for countries around the world.
- Marinexplore.org, a platform to explore, discover, and share public ocean data.
- Mode Analytics, a collaborative, easy-to-use platform for working with data, SQL code, visualizations, and results.
- National Government Statistical Web Sites, data, reports, statistical yearbooks, press releases, and more from about 70 web sites, including countries from Africa, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Open Data Census, assesses the state of open data around the world.
- OpenData from Socrata, access to over 10,000 datasets including business, education, government, and fun.
- OpenDataSoft, a cloud-based platform for seamless and unlimited data re-use.
- OSDC: Open Science Data Cloud Repository, for very large public data sets of scientific interest.
- Plotly, data and visualization platform, with tens thousands of datasets in science, academia, public policy, and business.
- Tableau Public, free software for visualizing and sharing data
- Quandl, a collaboratively curated portal to millions of financial and economic time-series datasets.
- qunb, a platform to find and visualize quantitative data.
- Zanran, search the web for data and statistics.
- Big Data Startups Public Data platforms.
- BigML Data Marketplaces and Data Hubs bundle and BigML list of thousands of Public Data Sources