Crum & Forster: Quantitative Analyst
Help build economic. operations research, and statistical models using internal and external data sources.
Company: Crum & Forster
Location: Morristown, NJ
The Data Analysis Group within Crum & Forster's Actuarial Team is tasked with building industry-leading models for all of the C&F insurance products. We develop models that are used in the marketing, underwriting, pricing, book management and claims processes.
As a member of the Data Analysis Group, you will help build economic. operations research, and statistical models using internal and external data sources. All group members will be involved in the entire model development cycle from business problem identification, research design, data preparation, model development and validation, final model delivery, documentation, and supporting the implementation process.
Participate in Research & Development efforts in the following areas:
- Advanced econometric, operations research and statistical analyses
- Actuarial pricing and reserving models
- Agency Management, Loss Control, Premium Audit, etc. models
- Claim process and loss development models
Utilize state of the art analytical techniques, including data mining, predictive modeling, text mining and/or actuarial techniques.
Participate in large complex projects and/or work independently on projects to solve complex statistical, operational or technical problems.
- Participate in the development of analytical models to drive superior business outcomes.
- Identify and acquire additional data sources, both internal and external that can be used to enhance analyses.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proactively stay abreast of industry and methodological developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues. Apply new information to existing products and new projects.
- Identify and implement new methods to solve and/or improve business problems and processes.
EDUCATION/COURSE OF STUDY:
Master's Degree or Ph.D. in economics, operations research, statistics, mathematics, finance, actuarial science, computer science or equivalent.
Relevant work experience in insurance of financial industry strongly preferred, but not necessary.
Computer Proficiency: Strong, proven skills with statistical software programs (e.g. R, SAS); applied understanding of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
Who we are:
Founded in 1896, Crum & Forster ("C&F") is a national property and casualty insurance group providing a broad range of standard and specialty commercial insurance products. In February 2011, C&F, (part of Fairfax Financial Holding's group of companies) announced key changes for its specialty lines operations in connection with its recent acquisitions of First Mercury Financial Corporation ("First Mercury"), and Valiant Insurance. These recent acquisitions have enhanced C&F's capabilities in the specialty lines marketplace while continuing to strengthen the standard lines business.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions please email your resume to Robert.Burke@cfins.com.
To learn more about Crum & Forster visit our website at www.cfins.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.