Cray: Senior Data Scientist
Part of an elite data science team supporting global Fortune 100 organizations in detection, forecasting, predictive modeling and analytics to provide business insights, improve targeting, maximize return on investment, and optimize marketing efforts.
Location: New York, NY
The position is part of an elite data science team supporting global Fortune 100 organizations in detection, forecasting, predictive modeling and analytics to provide business insights, improve targeting, maximize return on investment, and optimize marketing efforts.
A Sr. DS should have mastery of a couple of programming languages, superb communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, ability to visualize and report findings creatively to provide insights to various audiences, strong track record of developing innovative solutions, additional tools and processes, active subject matter thought leadership in the form of published papers or industry presentations, demonstrated ability to mentor and train less experienced talent.
This role will be fully supported to work out of a home office, in New York City.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and innovate new analytic workflows that address customer requirements.
- Develop and innovate new analytic methods/algorithms that scale and perform against Cray suite of analytic platforms.
- Work as part of a team to develop technical solutions and roadmaps that address customer requirements.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Advanced degree in applied statistics, mathematics, management science, engineering, economics, computer science, or operations research (Master's degree required, PhD preferred)
- 7+ years' experience in advanced analytics, model building, and marketing optimization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with big data and real time/near real time analytics and big data platforms like Hadoop
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis using SQL, noSQL, Java, C, SAS EGuide, MapReduce, PIG, HIVE, Python, SAS, SAS HPA, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS EMiner, Salford TreeNet, R, and machine learning approaches such as Mahout
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of analytical techniques including: Graph analytics, segmentation creation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining, optimization techniques, and exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Has mastered engineering skills in field and easily applies knowledge to determine and develop an approach to meet objectives. Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Work requires imaginative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the function and across organizational boundaries, or with customers
- Ability to interact to share knowledge and solutions and to lead/serve on task teams or committees. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
Key words: data scientist, big data, analytics, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, optimization, statistics, advanced analytics, Hadoop, Python, SQL, SAS, Hive, Java, machine learning
Big Data is new, but we're not. We've got years of experience in data management and a reputation for hardware performance and reliability that stretches back decades, with thousands of man-years of investment into this technology.
YarcData, a Cray Inc. company, has the resources to provide the highest performance processing capabilities and visionary data management resources - it means our Big Data appliance for graph analytics is innovative, and solid. It's an exciting time. We're new, but we're established, and we're ready to change the way you value and leverage Big Data.
As the global leader in supercomputing, Cray provides highly advanced supercomputing systems and world-class services and support to government, industry and academia. Cray technology enables scientists and engineers to achieve remarkable breakthroughs by accelerating performance, improving efficiency and extending the capabilities of their most demanding applications.
How to Apply: Please go to www.cray.com.
In the careers section search for Senior Data Scientist, position #14-0202.
Here also is a direct link to Senior Data Scientist, position #14-0202.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.