- Companion Website for “Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms” - Nov 19, 2014.
Supplementary materials for the textbook Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms are now available online and include figures, slides, datasets, videos, and more. Download them today.
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn about a variety of different approaches to data analytics and their advantages and limitations from a business leader's perspective in part 1 of this post on data analytics techniques.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 4 Highlights - Aug 8, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Berkeley, Clark Atlanta Univ, Florida Institute of Technology, Rober Bosh LLC and HP on day 4 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014, Stanford.
- Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Aug 2, 2014.
Learn a wide variety of data classification techniques and their methods, domains, and variations in this comprehensive survey of the area of data classification.
- Interview: Thomas Levi, POF on How Online Dating is Improving Matching through Big Data - Jul 29, 2014.
We discuss Big Data use cases at Plenty of Fish, insights from text mining of user profiles, using topic modeling for developing user archetypes, challenges and more.
- Adobe: Manager – Algorithms / Machine Learning, 30834 - Jul 29, 2014.
Lead the Algorithms and Data Sciences group, help build the next generation of products that will allow digital marketers to maximize revenue and expand their brand presence.
- Interview: Cliff Lyon, Stubhub on Mastering the Art of Recommendation and Personalization Analytics - Jul 18, 2014.
We discuss challenges in designing recommendation and personalization systems, how to select the right metrics, and learning regarding presentation of recommendation on different channels.
- Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Jun 14, 2014.
This new book explores the underlying algorithms of classification and applications in text, multimedia, social network, biological data, and other domains. 25% off with KDnuggets discount.
- The Algorithm that Runs the World Can Now Run More of It - Jun 13, 2014.
The most important algorithm, used for optimizing almost everything, is linear programming. New advances allow linear programming problems to be solved faster using the new commercial parallel simplex solver.
- Top stories for May 25-31 - Jun 1, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; Interview: Martin Hack, CEO, Skytree on Industrializing Machine Learning for Big Data; Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26-27 - May 28, 2014.
Machine Learning Algorithms Tour: Regression, kNN, Regularization, Decision Tree; Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; 9 Courses on Data Science, R, Machine Learning start on Coursera.
- Book: Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms - May 27, 2014.
This textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate data mining courses provides a broad yet in-depth overview of data mining, integrating related concepts from machine learning and statistics. Companion website has data, slides and other teaching material.
- Human Dynamics – Data Mining Mobile Phone Usage - May 6, 2014.
Mobile phone usage contains a gold mine of insights. We examine what was learned about human social connections from the first-ever extensive study of social interactions in Mexico.
- 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis - Apr 29, 2014.
Whether you are learning data science for the first time or refreshing your memory or catching up on latest trends, these free books will help you excel through self-study.
- MMDS 2014: Workshop on Algorithms for Modern Massive Data Sets, Berkeley, June 2014 - Mar 25, 2014.
The MMDS 2014 will address algorithmic, mathematical, and statistical challenges in modern statistical data analysis. Registration is open and you can apply to present a poster.