- October 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Nov 8, 2014.
October 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DrivenData, Map-D, Microsoft buys Equivio, Alteryx, Cazena, Ello, Zoomdata, Cloudera buys DataPad, Tibco goes private.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 29-30: If you can’t code, you can’t be a data scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books - Oct 31, 2014.
The #strataconf debate: If You Can't Code, You Can't Be a Data Scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books recommended by Berkeley machine learning expert; Data Blending for Dummies - free ebook from Alteryx; Data Science 2.0, upcoming book from Vincent Granville.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 23-24: 81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics - Jul 25, 2014.
81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics to drive pricing optimization; Google Brain project: Google is not really a search company. The Journal of Big Data has published its first articles - Hadoop, Mahout, Data; MLlib; Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 1: Is “Data Scientist” more than “Data Analyst”? Good list of 41 Big Data Influencers - Jul 2, 2014.
Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"? ; 41 Big Data Influencers - Journalists, Public Sector, Industry, Academia; Alteryx and Databricks to lead development of Apache SparkR ; Top data mining researcher @Jure Leskovec lecture on Webgraph structure.
- Top stories for May 4-10 - May 11, 2014.
Data Scientists Not Required with Alteryx Analytics 9.0; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia; Did Target really predict teen pregnancy?
- Data Scientists Not Required: Promises the recently launched Alteryx Analytics 9.0 - May 4, 2014.
Alteryx Analytics 9.0 blends new sources of customer Insight such as Social Media, Google Analytics, and Marketo with data from legacy environments such as SAS Analytics.