- Stevens: Tenure-track Asst/Assoc Professor in Business Analytics/Data Science - Oct 17, 2014.
Of particular interest are applicants with backgrounds in data science, statistics, information visualization, machine learning, computer science and related fields. Expected start date Aug 2015.
- Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 9, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from The Hershey Company, Gongos, Clarks, and Mediacom on day 2 of Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Oct 8, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Sony Pictures Entertainment, Macy's and Nuevora on day 1 of Big Data & Analytics for Retail Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Request: Top Business Analytics Journals? - Oct 7, 2014.
For a young business school professor in business analytics, what are the five to eight A-level journals in which he/she should try to publish?
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics - Sep 23, 2014.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage Big data as a valuable strategic asset. Learn more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 17-18: 20 questions to ask a Data Scientist; Business Analytics ROI is 1301% - Sep 19, 2014.
20 questions you should ask a Data Scientist for a good conversation; Mad (Data) Scientist asks: "Why Are We Still Teaching t-tests?"; Great slides from @RDataMining: Intro, Data Exploration, Regression, Classification; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R.
- Nomis Solutions: Principal, Business Analytics - Sep 3, 2014.
Supporting sales, defining business requirements, designing the right solution working with our clients, proving it in the market, and producing the insight to ensure customers extract the value that we promise.
- Top stories for Aug 10-16: Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining; OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning - Aug 17, 2014.
Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science; OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning; Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business; Data is not a fad.
- Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business - Aug 11, 2014.
See how businesses leverage data analytics for great gain to help others understand the business value of data science projects and provide examples to inspire your own data-driven projects.
- NYU Stern Master of Science in Business Analytics - Jul 22, 2014.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable strategic asset. Learn more.
- Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Analytics leaders from State of Illinois, Navistar, BMO Harris Bank and McGraw Hill Education on day 2 of Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Webinar: How Can Analytics Improve Business? - Jul 10, 2014.
Register for this episode with host Eric Kavanagh, and leading analysts Dr. Robin Bloor and Dr. Kirk Borne to learn critical success factors for using analytics effectively.
- Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Jul 9, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Analytics leaders from Bank of America, Northern Trust, AOL and Liberty Mutual on day 1 of Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- 100 Big Data Companies Analyzed - Jun 29, 2014.
We analyze the CRN Big Data 100 for insights into trends in the future of Big Data companies, including changes in database solutions, active regions, and what industries are undergoing the most change right now.
- The Impact Cycle – how to think of actionable insights - Jun 29, 2014.
The IMPACT Cycle provides a guiding framework for thinking about the steps for being effective analytical consultant, and can be a tool to help you drive effectiveness through your analytical teams.
- Data Science Skills and Business Problems - Jun 27, 2014.
Discover what skills a data scientist benefits from learning and how the concept of a data scientist, and what businesses expect of them, has developed over time.
- Book: Win With Advanced Business Analytics - Jun 26, 2014.
Written for the non-technical professional, this definitive guide shows you how to gain the most opportunity and value from every type of advanced business analytics.
- Domino – A Platform For Modern Data Analysis - Jun 26, 2014.
Tools that facilitate data science best practices have not yet matured to match their counterparts in the world of software engineering. Domino is a platform built from the ground up to fill in these gaps and accelerate modern analytical workflows.
- CRN 50 Big Data Business Analytics Companies - Jun 25, 2014.
We examine CRN top 50 Big Data Business Analytics companies. They are younger (average age is 10), and 44% are founded since 2010.
- Do Analytics as well as Google, Johnson&Johnson, and AT&T - May 13, 2014.
Attend Useful Business Analytics Summit in Boston and learn how the leading companies do analytics. Early reg by May 16.
- U. Cincinnati Analytics Summit 2014, May 23 - Apr 28, 2014.
Keynotes by Eric Siegel (PAW Founder) and Jack Levis (UPS Director of Process Management), Tracks on Predictive Analytics, Descriptive Analytics, Prescriptive Analytics, Social and Mobile Media Analytics.
- Useful Business Analytics Summit in Boston, June 10-11 - Apr 8, 2014.
Join the Useful Business Analytics Summit (Boston, June 10-11), the unique conference where corporate peers can meet and determine how USEFUL analytics can improve business decision making. Special KDnuggets discount and early bird by Apr 18.
- Book: R for Business Analytics - Mar 5, 2014.
This book helps you kick-start with analytics including chapters on data visualization, code examples on web analytics and social media analytics, clustering, regression models, text mining, data mining models and forecasting.
- PASS Business Analytics Conference, San Jose, May 7-9 - Feb 25, 2014.
The best in business analytics learning is back; featuring over 70 sessions during 2 full days on hot topics you can't afford to miss. Special KDnuggets discount.
- INFORMS Business Analytics and Operations Research, Boston, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Feb 21, 2014.
INFORMS is a top analytics conference, with over 100 practical talks providing "how we did it" information from hand-picked industry speakers, and keynote from industry thought leader Tom Davenport. Early rates until Mar 17.
- IE Madrid: Master in Business Analytics and Big Data - Feb 20, 2014.
IE is recruiting top students from all over the world to join the Master in Business Analytics & Big Data - accelerate your career and master the key areas for success in business analytics and big data - join our Mar 17 Virtual Insight Session.
- Get the Most from Your Data at PASS Business Analytics Conference, San Jose, May 7-9 - Feb 7, 2014.
The best in business analytics learning returns to San Jose with top Business Analytics, BI, and Data Science experts from Intuit, Microsoft, SurveyMonkey, Wells Fargo, and more – plus, special KDnuggets offer.
- NYU Stern Groundbreaking MS in Business Analytics - Feb 6, 2014.
The NYU Stern MS in Business Analytics teaches experienced professionals how to understand the role of evidence-based data in decision-making and to leverage data as a valuable and predictive strategic asset. 5 modules starting May 2014.
- IE Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, Madrid - Jan 30, 2014.
IE in Madrid, one of the top Business Schools in the world, designed the 10-months Master in Business Analytics and Big Data degree for people who studied or are working in technology, do quantitative work in engineering, statistics or business.
- SAS surpasses $3 billion in 2013 revenue - Jan 27, 2014.
The growth reflects strong sales of SAS Visual Analytics, anti-fraud solutions (44%), cloud computing (20%), data management and certain industry-specific applications (16-18%). For every one of its 38 years, SAS has grown revenue and shown a profit.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management: Tenure Track Asst/Assoc Professor of Business Analytics - Jan 19, 2014.
Teach courses in business analytics and the strategic use of information technology, with application to diverse business fields such as customer analytics, business intelligence, and talent management.
- PASS: 24 Hours of Business Analytics Learning, Feb 5, Free Webcast - Jan 9, 2014.
Feb 5 business analytics learning online event brings you an all-star lineup of BA and BI community experts delivering best practices for getting the most from your data. 24 Hours of PASS is free, thanks to our sponsors.
- INFORMS Business Analytics and Operations Research, Boston, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Jan 7, 2014.
INFORMS is a top analytics conference featuring over 100 practical talks which provide pointed "how we did it" information from hand-picked industry speakers. Keynote speakers include industry thought leader Tom Davenport. Sign up now at the super saver rates.