- 2015 RecSys Challenge: predicting online purchases from clicks - Nov 14, 2014.
ACM RecSys 2015 poses the 2015 RecSys Challenge, seeking researchers interested in prediction of purchases and clicks from online users using a dataset provided by a large European retailer.
- Top stories for Oct 19-25: Ebola Data Science Lessons; DM Radio, Oct 30 on Predictive Tools with KDnuggets, Predixion - Oct 26, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets, Predixion, RedPoint, and Appnomic, Oct 30; Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge; TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing.
- Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge - Oct 20, 2014.
Use city data to develop great applications for social good and earn prizes in IBM's new Big Data for Social Good challenge, starting in November 10. More information on eligibility, terms, and prizes will be available at launch.
- LinkedIn Economic Graph Challenge - Oct 16, 2014.
Leverage the LinkedIn Economic Graph for your innovative and ambitious ideas for increasing economic value and gaining insights into economic opportunities using LinkedIn data and support. Proposals due Dec 15.
- Lavastorm Wizard and Witches Challenge - Oct 15, 2014.
Make-believe costume company, WigWarts Costumes, is launching a new glow in the dark range of costumes in time for Halloween 2014. Help them combine and analyze data in Lavastorm Wizard and Witches Challenge - entries due Oct 30.
- Kaggle Epilepsy Seizure Prediction Challenge - Aug 28, 2014.
Create a forecasting system for predicting epileptic seizures in this Kaggle challenge to help improve the lives of epilepsy patients and win prizes. Competition ends on November 17.
- Interesting Social Media Datasets - Aug 13, 2014.
Learn about some of the many interesting social media datasets available to you, some of which are quite new, and the different features and challenges they offer you for your next big data science project.
- Lavastorm Sun Seekers Caribbean Challenge 2 - Aug 5, 2014.
Use Lavastorm Analytics Engine Public Edition to overcome data quality issues and consolidate the lists. Step-by-step instructions make completing the task a snap! Submit your entry by August 31, 2014.
- VizRisk: HHS Visualization Challenge to Change Health - Jul 30, 2014.
VizRisk is the first US government prize competition that seeks to use visualizations of behavioral health data to inform personal and policy decisions.
- Innocentive Challenge: Novel Approaches for Predicting Life Expectancy - Jul 21, 2014.
Help develop novel methods for life expectancy prediction without using traditional medical records, invasive tests, or examinations in this Innocentive Challenge. Submissions due by August 4th.
- VAST Visual Analytics Challenge 2014: Visualization and Crime-Solving - Apr 5, 2014.
VAST Challenge 2014 involves three mini-challenges that focus on text, location, and streaming data analysis, and an overall Grand Challenge to test your skills. Submit entries before July 8.
- Innocentive: INSTINCT – The IARPA Trustworthiness Challenge - Mar 16, 2014.
This challenge investigates novel statistical techniques to identify neurophysiological correlates of trustworthiness. Deadline: May 5.
- Cloudera Data Science Challenge - Mar 10, 2014.
Your task is to analyze a large amount of data from Medicare and try to detect abnormal data -- providers, areas, or patients with unusual procedures and/or claims. Challenge starts March 31, 2014.