- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 19-20: 20 Insane Things That Correlate with Each Other - Nov 21, 2014.
Spurious #Correlations - 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other; 10 Most Profitable Industries According to #BigData; MIT researchers show 5 clusters are enough for collab filtering; Every publisher now a start-up, says NYT Top Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 9-10: Numeric Matrix Manipulation: Cheat Sheet; The First Law of Data Science - Jun 11, 2014.
Also - The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? ; Tell Your Kids to be Data Scientists - Not Doctors; DLib Library for Machine Learning
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Big Data in Astrophysics and Correlation vs. Causality - May 30, 2014.
We discuss how to build the best data models, significance of correlation and causality in Predictive Analytics, and impact of Big Data on Astrophysics.
- KDnuggets Interview: Juan Miguel Lavista, Microsoft Data Science Team - Apr 30, 2014.
We discuss Randomized Controlled Experiments, common errors during A/B testing, Correlation vs. Causality, Big Data Myths and setting up realistic expectations from Big Data and more...
- Dancing Statistics – who says statistics cannot be fun? - Mar 10, 2014.
Four little dance routines explain statistical concepts of frequency distributions, sampling, standard error, variance, correlation, and correlation != causation. Enjoy!