- Piketty Revisited: Improving Economics through Data Science - Oct 22, 2014.
How Data Curation and Data Science Enable More Faithful Economics (In Much Less Time) - a leading database researcher explains.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 15 and beyond - Jul 14, 2014.
Hadoop, Data Curation, Text Mining, Driving business value with text analytics, SQL on Hadoop, Graph Analytics on Hadoop, Apache Spark, How Can Analytics Improve Business, and more.
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.
- InnovAccer: Simplifying Research and Analysis - Jun 5, 2014.
Innovaccer cleans and prepares data for analysis by researchers to save time and improve confidence in the quality of the data.
- Top stories for May 18-24 - May 25, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Stacking the Deck: The Next Wave of Opportunity in Big Data; Michael O'Connell on how to lead in Big Data; Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation.
- KDnuggets 14:n12, Annual Poll: Software Used? Tamr & Data Curation; Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 21, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features, Software, Opinions and Interviews, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Top Tweets, and CFP.
- Exclusive: Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation - May 19, 2014.
Our exclusive profile of Tamr (former Data Tamer), the latest startup from legendary Michael Stonebraker, which emerged from stealth mode to address the new field of Big Data Curation.
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.