- SlideRule: Data Science Course Mentor (online) - Sep 23, 2015.
Be an expert mentor for SlideRule online, self-paced Data Science workshops where participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 mentor guidance.
- Georgia Tech Interdisciplinary MS in Analytics - Nov 12, 2014.
The program leverages the strengths and resources of Georgia Tech in computing, business, statistics, and operations research, and gives practical experience via an applied analytics practicum.
- Simplilearn: Enroll in Analytics and Big Data Training, get free Amazon Fire (until Oct 31) - Oct 27, 2014.
Be technically competent in data analytics processes with Simplilearn Business Analytics, Big Data, SAS, R, and Hadoop training. Enroll by Oct 31 and get a free Amazon Fire.
- Zipfian Academy: Become a Data Scientist in 12 Weeks - Oct 25, 2014.
Zipfian Academy trains engineers, scientists, and analysts to become data scientists in an intense full-time program in San Francisco. 93% of graduates find data science roles in 6 months. Applications for Winter cohort due Nov 14.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 15-16: STOP and THINK cartoon; Math Model predicts Ebola to burn out in December - Oct 17, 2014.
STOP and THINK, sometimes the simplest caption is the best; This model tracks Ebola outbreak well so far, predicts Ebola to burn out in December; BAH launches online course "Explore Data Science"; Watch: R wizard Hadley Wickham dplyr tutorial at useR! 2014 conf.
- TDWI Orlando, Dec 7-12, Premier Education Event for BI, Big Data and Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Plan your week with the complete 6-day agenda, including course descriptions, keynotes, exhibit hall times, networking events, and BI certification opportunities.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-14: Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama - Oct 15, 2014.
Also - The Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum: UW/Coursera + Harvard ; Statistical Modeling vs Machine Learning - mapping the terms and concepts; Very useful! Python 2.7 Quick Reference Sheet.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in September - Oct 1, 2014.
Boston DataFest and Analytics Street, Big Data Summits, PAKDD, and more meetings, DecisionIQ and Quantum Data Science, BS in Data Science from Ottawa, MS from RPI, and more.
- Lewis University Online MS in Data Science - Sep 25, 2014.
The Lewis online, 36 credit hour MS in Data Science degree program teaches advanced skills to effectively solve the math and computer science issues surrounding the analysis of large data sets.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Northwestern Online Master of Science in Predictive Analytics - Sep 4, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts, and build analytic expertise.
- Online Master of Science in Data Science - Sep 2, 2014.
Lewis University online MS in Data Science program offers two concentrations: Data Science for Computer Scientists and Data Science for Life Scientists.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in August - Sep 1, 2014.
New analytics, data science, data mining top stories page, meetings, KDD-2015, Certificates and Certification option, Data Analytics BS, software for text analytics and visualization and more.
- Becker College: Founding Director of the Data Science Program - Aug 26, 2014.
Responsibilities include: thought leadership, program development, network development, industry engagement, research, effective classroom teaching, student advising, college service, and professional scholarship.
- Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
Online courses to accelerate your career or help upgrade the skills of your team members. Learn and get answers from top experts who authored hundreds of books and have real industry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 15-17: Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Hbase; Job Interview - Aug 18, 2014.
The top 5 Questions a Data Scientist should ask during a job interview; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining, Data Science, and KDD; Least popular jobs for big data practitioners; Graduate Programs in #BigData Analytics and Data Science.
- Top stories for Aug 10-16: Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining; OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning - Aug 17, 2014.
Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science; OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning; Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business; Data is not a fad.
- IBM Watson’s Next Step: Partnership with Universities - Aug 15, 2014.
Students from ten top tech universities now have access to Watson. For students at New York University interested in Watson, Capstone Project Course would be their first choice.
- Data is not a fad - Aug 14, 2014.
Learn why Big Data drives the need for companies to adopt data leadership and why Chief Data Officers are likely to join the C-suite in large organizations.
- EMC Big Data Courses for Data Scientists and Business Leaders - Aug 12, 2014.
EMC offers industry-leading training and certification to help you meet the Big Data challenges. Get Data Science and Big Data Analytics Starterkit or Big Data Analytics Course for Business Leaders.
- Certificates in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science - Aug 8, 2014.
Forty six options for Certificates and Certifications in Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, SAS, and R - available online, on-campus and in a blended format.
- Stanford: Learn the science and art of managing people, products, and data - Aug 7, 2014.
Learn from world-renowned Stanford faculty - get online certificates and take online courses in Data Mining and Applications, Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Modeling, and more.
- Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 6, 2014.
Learn about the different ways to become a data science including a master's degree, bootcamps, or self-learning with MOOCs and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan - Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in July - Aug 1, 2014.
15 new/updated online education options in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science, 18 new meetings, new consulting companies, software for visualization, social network analysis, text analytics, and more.
- Online Degrees in Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science - Jul 31, 2014.
With Data Scientists in big demand, here is a large and updated list of online degrees in Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, and related areas.
- Guidelines for statistical education - Jul 31, 2014.
Data science has grown in importance to the point where statistics education should begin to integrate data science into the core statistics curriculum, as opposed to treating data science as a separate strand.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jul 29, 2014.
Prepare for leadership-level career, learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty and industry experts, build statistical and analytic expertise, and get MS degree entirely online.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 21-22 - Jul 23, 2014.
Microsoft: Data Scientist; Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook - A practical and concise guide; Large collection of papers on #Security and Machine Learning; Learn Data Science in 12 wks + career coaching.
- U. Delaware Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data - Jul 23, 2014.
UDel Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data helps you to understand why big data is so important, sharpen your data management skills, and join the rapidly growing analytics field. Sep 11 - Dec 18, 2014 in Wilmington, DE.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 18-20: Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining - Jul 21, 2014.
Baby steps in learning #Python for data analysis; My 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science - now in Techopedia; A good collection of #MachineLearning tools in #Python; Understanding Random Forests: From Theory to Practice - implementation.
- Big Data TechCon, The How-To Conference, Oct 27-29, San Francisco - Jul 15, 2014.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon in San Francisco, to learn HOW-TO accommodate the terabytes and petabytes of data, learn the latest big data technologies, mingle and network, and be inspired by keynotes.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in June - Jul 1, 2014.
Mode Analytics, Open India Government Data, new analytics certifications, new Data Science Education options in Asia, Pacific, Europe, USA, 29 new Big Data and Data Mining meetings, and more.
- Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? - Jun 27, 2014.
Leading analytics experts answer the question: "Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist?" Read practical tips and interesting commentary.
- LION Resources for Teaching Machine Learning and Optimization - Jun 23, 2014.
A great collection of resources for "LION: Learning and Intelligent Optimization" textbook includes slides, tutorial movies, exercises, use cases, and LIONoso - an academic version of LIONsolver software.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 26-27 - May 28, 2014.
Machine Learning Algorithms Tour: Regression, kNN, Regularization, Decision Tree; Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; 9 Courses on Data Science, R, Machine Learning start on Coursera.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 21-22: Outlier Detection for Temporal Data; Become a Big Data mgr with #ieMBD - May 23, 2014.
Outlier Detection for Temporal Data ; 1.5M #BigData managers will be needed - Become one with #ieMBD; Goldman Sachs Surveillance Analytics; InformationWeek 10 Big Data Pros To Follow On Twitter.
- Vendor-Neutral Hands-On Training in Data Mining [Denver-CO, July | Wash-DC, Sep] - May 14, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with immersive hands-on training and goal-driven strategy. Get this training from The Modeling Agency.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 2-4: Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources - May 5, 2014.
Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources; 7 Free or low-cost ways to Learn Data Mining & Data Science ; Datasight.io - machine learning for the masses - now in beta; Every MIT undergrad will get $100 of Bitcoin.
- Top stories in April - May 2, 2014.
Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data; Data Analytics Handbook - interviews with tech leaders, free download; Learning and Teaching Machine Learning; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis.