- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- Making Sense of Public Data – Wrangling Jeopardy - Oct 7, 2014.
Trifacta’s Alon Bartur & Will Davis detail their process for transforming or “wrangling” publicly available Jeopardy data found on the web for downstream analysis.
- Dear CIO, what you have is NOT a Data Lake - Jul 17, 2014.
Data Lakes are often the ideal structure of a company's big data, but the reality is that data is often split into data puddles. Xurmo seeks to eliminate this by integrating Data Virtualization into the Data Lake.
- Domino – A Platform For Modern Data Analysis - Jun 26, 2014.
Tools that facilitate data science best practices have not yet matured to match their counterparts in the world of software engineering. Domino is a platform built from the ground up to fill in these gaps and accelerate modern analytical workflows.
- Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses - Jun 7, 2014.
Data Warehouses, traditionally popular for business intelligence tasks, are being replaced by less-structured Data Lakes which allow more flexibility.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 7-8: 30 Simple Tools for Data Visualization; Did Target Really Predict Pregnancy? - May 9, 2014.
30 Simple Tools for Data and Geo-Visualization: iCharts, Fusion, Modest Maps, Raw ...; Did Target Really Predict a Teen's Pregnancy? The Inside Story; Sense, new Data Science startup, builds a Data Science Platform of the Future; Analytics Experts on #BigData Misconceptions.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 21-23: Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice - Mar 24, 2014.
Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM, GLM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice: Big enough, requires data engineering, rich; Cartoon: Why Madame Zaza, Fortune Teller, changes to Predictive Analytics; Top 45 #BigData Tools and Platforms for Developers
- Aunsight: New Data Science Platform from Aunalytics - Feb 5, 2014.
Aunsight , a powerful new Data Science Platform, will let data scientists easily design and customize powerful workflows, integrate disparate data sources, add new algorithms, and focus on solving big data problems.