- DrivenData: Box-Plots for Education - Nov 11, 2014.
DrivenData with ERS is seeking to improve budgetary strategy for public schools through this data science competition which aims to predict how budgets are allocated.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 30-31 - Aug 1, 2014.
What are the differences between Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, etc; Where do the most romantic US singles live?; 7 signs you're too smart for the job? Not a #BigData problem; Guidelines for statistical education.
- Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Business Analytics leaders from State of Illinois, Navistar, BMO Harris Bank and McGraw Hill Education on day 2 of Business Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Decision Science as a Service and Data Science curriculum - May 31, 2014.
We discuss Kirk's role at Syntasa, the concept of "Decision Science as a Service", key components of a well-designed Data Science education curriculum, advice for young aspirants and more.
- Data Mining Modern Languages - May 30, 2014.
We examine the trends and implications in modern language enrollment in the United States, and also show an excellent example of using rCharts and ggplot2 for interactive visualization.
- OnlyBoth Startup is like IBM Watson in Reverse - May 24, 2014.
OnlyBoth startup from Vivisimo co-founder Raul Valdes-Perez is like IBM Watson in reverse - it discovers new insights in data and writes them in English.
- eSpark: Data Scientist (Make an impact on a social problem) - May 10, 2014.
Help build the next generation of tools to help students succeed in school and in life. Using data and teacher insight, we curate the best learning resources to create a personalized experience for each student.