- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- Top stories in July: Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Cats; Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize” - Aug 5, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning.
- Top stories for Jul 6-12 - Jul 13, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; How Xbox, Big Data & Statistical Analysis Can Measure Public Opinion.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-6: Cartoon: Facebook Data Science and happy cats; plyrmr makes R work seamlessly with Hadoop - Jul 8, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines happy kittens and Facebook emotion manipulation data science experiment; plyrmr package for making R work seamlessly with Hadoop; Useful for #DataScience: Simple script from setting up R, Git, and Jags on Amazon EC2; How companies use R to compete.
- Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats - Jul 5, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at the Facebook recent data science experiment on emotion manipulation and the importance of happy kittens.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Top KDnuggets Tweets, May 14-15: Easier Facebook Network Analysis; Cloudera Live, a New Way to Start with Hadoop - May 16, 2014.
Facebook Network analysis, visualization is easier with httr from R wizard; Cloudera Live offers a new way start with #Hadoop - No downloads; Watch: Basics of Machine Learning ; BigML Machine Learning platform Spring Release.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-13: Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; How to analyze Facebook Networks using R - May 14, 2014.
Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; Clever hack: How to analyze Facebook Networks using R; Very useful - Introduction to #SQL for Data Scientists; Planning a late career shift to Analytics /Data Science? Be prepared.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 4-6: Apache Spark – a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine; Facebook #DataScience tools - Apr 7, 2014.
Apache Spark - a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine - very good, detailed overview! Facebook #DataScience team releases open-source tools; Top #BigData start-ups by employee satisfaction; My answer to "Which will be better for career prospects in Machine Learning".
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 26-27: Facebook “Relationship Data Mining”; Non-human math: Wikipedia-size computer proof - Feb 28, 2014.
The gap between data mining and predictive models in Facebook Relationship Data Mining; Non-human math: Computer proof is Wikipedia size; A look at pioneering women in #BigData ; MS in Data Analytics from CUNY: Online and Affordable.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 3 (Feb 13) - Feb 28, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 3: Data Journalism, Analytics over Real-time Streaming Data, Facebook Graph Analysis with One Trillion Edges, Socializing Search by LinkedIn.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 2 (Feb 12) - Feb 27, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 2: Big Data Vendor Landscape, Machine Learning for Social Change, Secrets of Gertrude Stein, and Facebook Exascale Analytics.
- Top stories for Feb 16-22 - Feb 23, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; Anaconda: Free, enterprise-ready Python for Big data; Why numbers do not tell the complete story.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss what enabled Deep Learning to achieve remarkable successes recently, his argument with Vapnik about (deep) neural nets vs kernel (support vector) machines, and what kind of AI can we expect from Facebook.
- Deep Learning Wins Dogs vs Cats competition on Kaggle - Feb 5, 2014.
A Deep learning expert wins Kaggle Dogs vs Cats image competition with an almost perfect result.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.