- Data Hoarding and Alternative Data In Finance – How to Overcome the Challenges - Jan 9, 2017.
Big data craze inspires firms to save every possible bit of data, with the misconception that the more data you have, the better. Firms must keep data (for compliance purposes) or often aren’t sure what information they need to keep. This post looks at alternative data sources.
- New Tools Predict Markets with 99.9% certainty - Feb 13, 2016.
Predicting financial markets is a relatively new field of of research, it is cross-disciplinary, it is difficult and requires some insight into trading, computational linguistics, behavioral finance, pattern recognition, and learning models.
- Berkeley DataLead conference, Sep 30 – Oct 2 - Aug 8, 2014.
The conference will focus on big data applied to real world business, with focus on finance and marketing, but also cover many other facets of data science and applications in technology, retail, education, science, and government.
- Interview: Taylor Phillips, Square on Why Finance Needs Machine Learning and Data Science - Aug 1, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at Square, common machine learning use cases, transition to real-time architecture, major challenges, expectations from data science, key qualities for data scientists, and more.
- Stanford Data Mining, Finance, and Statistics Courses Online - Mar 4, 2014.
With Stanford world-class online certificates, show advanced knowledge in Mining Massive Data Sets, Financial Risk Analysis, and Quantitative Methods in Finance. Spring quarter enrollment until Mar 26.