- EURECOM: Faculty Position in Data Mining and Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
EURECOM, graduate school and a research center in communication systems, seeks qualified applicants interested in Big Data and Cloud computing for a tenured assistant professor position.
- U. Strasbourg: Postdoc position in machine learning/data mining - Nov 19, 2014.
Postdoctoral position available to candidates interested in developing new methods for knowledge reuse in machine learning with the aim of improving understanding of models in different contexts. This position would last for one year, with the possibility for extension.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week: P-values, the “gold standards” of statistical validity, are not as reliable - Nov 10, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; He Tweeted, She Tweeted: A Study on Romantic Breakups; A population density map of France from phone calls; Demystifying #DataScience.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-4: A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records - Nov 5, 2014.
A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records; IBM Insight 2014; A reminder from Lockheed Martin that #BigData can be a slow process; The key language a Data Scientist should master is not R or Python, but Business.
- MS in Data Mining, Analytics, and Knowledge Discovery at University Paris 13 - Mar 6, 2014.
This MSc focuses on data mining, business analytics, and knowledge discovery and is well-suited for students with BA in CS/Math/Stats.
- INRIA: PhD position, Learning with non-stationary data - Feb 19, 2014.
Learning with non-stationary data - application to collaborative filtering and link prediction between name entities in knowledge bases like freebase.