- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 7 and beyond - Oct 6, 2014.
Evolution of Classification, Billion Dollar Fraud Detection, Big Data Visualization, Deep Learning on Apache Spark, and more.
- Interview: Taylor Phillips, Square on Why Finance Needs Machine Learning and Data Science - Aug 1, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at Square, common machine learning use cases, transition to real-time architecture, major challenges, expectations from data science, key qualities for data scientists, and more.
- U. Antwerpen: PhD Position, Data mining for tax fraud detection - Jul 18, 2014.
Develop new fraud detection techniques for historical data to help combat tax fraud in this PhD position at U. Antwerpen. Apply by August 10th, 2014.
- Data Mining Medicare Data – What Can We Find? - Apr 24, 2014.
Medicare released detailed reimbursement data for 2012: $77 billion paid to more than 880,000 health care providers, by doctor and procedure.We take an initial look and find large variances and potential indicators of fraud.
- FICO: 20+ Years of Analytics Innovations to fight Fraud - Mar 12, 2014.
FICO infographic shows 20+ years of analytics innovations protecting consumers from payments fraud. It highlights the most significant innovations in anti-fraud analytics for card payments, and offers interesting facts about payment fraud.