- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 09-16: 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist; Learn How Google Understands You - Nov 17, 2014.
8 Steps to Becoming a Data Scientist; Learn How Google Understands You; Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; A Very Good #DeepLearning Tutorial;
- GDELT: Big Data of News, Conflicts, and Society - Sep 29, 2014.
What is happening in this world today? Obviously, it is impossible for us to read and analyze billions of news reports published every day. GDELT is designed to record, analyze, visualize and even forecast our planet.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Top stories for Aug 31 – Sep 6 - Sep 8, 2014.
Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Four main languages for Analytics; Cartoon: Robot Labor Day 2050; Exclusive: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra.
- Top stories in August: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2014.
Also Deep Learning resources; Sibyl - Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics.
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
- CoLaboratory: Doing Data Science Collaboratively Like Google Doc - Sep 3, 2014.
A review of CoLaboratory which enables data scientists to write code like on Google Doc.
- Top stories for Aug 17-23: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 24, 2014.
Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 20-21: Deep Learning book and more; Sibyl: Google Large Scale Machine Learning - Aug 22, 2014.
Deep Learning book draft - read and help improve it; Deep Learning - important resources for learning and understanding; Sibyl: Google's system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Excellent Intro to Deep Learning.
- Sibyl: Google’s system for Large Scale Machine Learning - Aug 20, 2014.
A review of 2014 keynote talk about Sibyl, Google system for large scale machine learning. Parallel Boosting algorithm and several design principles are introduced.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 13-14: Boyfriend as a statistically “significant” other - Aug 15, 2014.
xkcd: Boyfriend as a statistically "significant" other; Interesting Social Media Datasets; Sibyl: a System for Large Scale Machine Learning at Google; We don't need such hype: "Big Data scientists get 100 recruiter emails a day".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 23-24: 81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics - Jul 25, 2014.
81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics to drive pricing optimization; Google Brain project: Google is not really a search company. The Journal of Big Data has published its first articles - Hadoop, Mahout, Data; MLlib; Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 27-29: Google says Hadoop era is over - Jun 30, 2014.
Google says #Hadoop era is over, Google Cloud Dataflow can do much more; Machine learning, data mining, predictive analysis, and advanced analytics ~ same; Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? ; Larry Page: "if we data mined health care data, we could save 100K lives next year".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 18-19: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode opens GitHub for data - Jun 20, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode Analytics opens 'GitHub for data'; Data Science Stack Exchange Q&A site. Big Data Analytics with Google Big Query and R.
- Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? - Jun 19, 2014.
A recent study of neural networks found that for every correctly classified image, one can generate an "adversarial", visually indistinguishable image that will be misclassified. This suggests potential deep flaws in all neural networks, including possibly a human brain.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
- May 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 9, 2014.
May 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: 40 events, including ExtraHop, Capptain, Datalogix, "Data Nation", 6Sense, Sumo Logic, DataPad, SeeWhy, Tamr, LiveRamp, and Adometry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 28-29: SAS University Edition free software; Google Quantum Computing Playground - May 30, 2014.
SAS University Edition offers free #SAS software for higher education, teaching; Ultra-cool! Google "Quantum Computing Playground" - fiddle with quantum algorithms; Thomson Reuters: Data Scientist ; Realtime Personalization and Recommendation with Stream Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Code for India 2014 Global Hack-a-thon – Building a Better India through Innovative Solutions - May 19, 2014.
Non-stop 24 hours of coding at the Code for India 2014 hackathon leads to creative solutions for major social problems of India through interesting software applications.
- Do Analytics as well as Google, Johnson&Johnson, and AT&T - May 13, 2014.
Attend Useful Business Analytics Summit in Boston and learn how the leading companies do analytics. Early reg by May 16.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-13: Machine learning explained in 10 pictures; Tutorial: Using Google BigQuery - Mar 14, 2014.
Machine learning explained in 10 pictures. The most important: Bias vs Variance; A Tutorial example: Using Google BigQuery with R; Visualizing Google Analytics Data With R; Exploratory Data Analysis on Udacity: Investigate, Visualize, and Summarize Data Using R.
- January Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Feb 3, 2014.
January 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DeepMind, Avigilon, TaKaDu, Nest, Path, FirstFuel, API Healthcare, Kana Software, ImgUR, IMS Health.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.