- Interactive Network and Graph Data Repository - Oct 17, 2014.
The network repository currently hosts over 500+ graphs/networks that span 19 collections of graphs from social science, machine learning, scientific computing, and many others.
- LinkedIn Economic Graph Challenge - Oct 16, 2014.
Leverage the LinkedIn Economic Graph for your innovative and ambitious ideas for increasing economic value and gaining insights into economic opportunities using LinkedIn data and support. Proposals due Dec 15.
- Competition: Forecasting social network dynamic graph - Oct 6, 2014.
Forecast the creation and disruption of edges in social networks representing social platforms, mobile clients, or the research community. Competition runs until Nov 28.
- COMAD India Graph Mining Programming contest - Sep 23, 2014.
Compete in the graph mining programming competition at COMAD 2014 and apply your skills to finding subcommunities in networks. Registration deadline is October 15th, and code must be submitted by October 27th.
- Age homophily for predicting age of mobile phone customers - Sep 2, 2014.
Homophily (a tendency of people to associate with others like them) is ubiquitous in real world and in social networks. We show the existence of age homophily in a mobile phone communication network and exploit it to predict the age group for all users in the network.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 2 Highlights - Aug 7, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Aviva, Canadian Imperial Bank, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and University Health Network on day 2 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014.
- GraphLab Create: large-scale machine learning platform for graph, structured, and text data - Jul 15, 2014.
GraphLab Create 1.0 brings large-scale machine learning capabilities to enterprises, and is the first to handle graph, structured, and text data in one platform.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 15 and beyond - Jul 14, 2014.
Hadoop, Data Curation, Text Mining, Driving business value with text analytics, SQL on Hadoop, Graph Analytics on Hadoop, Apache Spark, How Can Analytics Improve Business, and more.
- GraphLab Conference, Graph Analytics and Machine Learning, San Francisco July 21 - Jun 19, 2014.
GraphLab Conference (San Francisco, July 21) brings together experts in graph analytics, large scale machine learning, and data science from leading companies, academic institutions and organizations. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Interview: Conal Sathi, Data Scientist, Slice on Creating Value from Mining Shoppers’ e-Receipts - Jun 16, 2014.
We discuss the relevance of "Purchase Graph", Slice platform, analytical insights from mining all activity around a customer's purchase, experimentation strategy, experience of working as a data scientist and more.