Tag: Hadoop (91)
http likes 242
- Top Big Data Processing Frameworks - Mar 4, 2016.
A discussion of 5 Big Data processing frameworks: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm, and Samza. An overview of each is given and comparative insights are provided, along with links to external resources on particular related topics.
- What is the success rate in Hadoop adoption? - Aug 31, 2015.
Hadoop is no more an unknown term for the big data analytics, it's to find its value return. Here, we tried to explore on the popular opinions of the Hadoop adopters, we also talk about current challenges for adoption.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 11 and beyond - Aug 10, 2015.
How Scale-Out and In-Memory Solve ETL, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Harnessing the Hadoop Ecosystem, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, and more.
- Top stories for Nov 16-22: R, Hadoop make machine learning possible for all; Azure ML is the next big thing - Nov 23, 2014.
R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone; Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists? 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 18 and beyond - Nov 17, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Data Visualization, Scores Aren't Enough, Big Bioinformatics without Big Hassles, Starting Small and Scaling Big with Hadoop, YARN, WCAI Oppy: Desktop Software Subscription Analysis, and more.
- R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone - Nov 16, 2014.
R and Hadoop make machine learning approachable enough for inexperienced users to begin analyzing and visualizing interesting data to start down the path in this lucrative field.
- STRATA + Hadoop World 2014 NYC Report - Nov 5, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World this year included workshops on subjects like Spark, R, and Python, interesting keynotes, and impressive detailed technical talks on subjects on Hadoop and new trends in big data.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 4 and beyond - Nov 3, 2014.
Hadoop, Real-time processing, Sentiment Analysis, Telling a Story with Data, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, and more.
- BigData TechCon San Francisco Report: Focus on Spark - Nov 1, 2014.
BigData TechCon SF 2014 covered a number of data technologies from the open source ecosystem through tutorials and classes. Spark and its libraries were a significant focus of the talks.
- Wikibon Big Data Capital Markets Day – Big Data NYC 2014 - Oct 30, 2014.
One of the biggest events at Big Data NYC 2014 was the insightful presentation by Jeff Kelly from WikiBon. We provide here the key takeaways.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 28 and beyond - Oct 27, 2014.
DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive - with Gregory Piatetsky (KDnuggets), Predixion, others; Deep Learning + Apache Spark; Data Mining - Failure to Launch; Demystify your data flows, Data hiding, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Simplilearn: Enroll in Analytics and Big Data Training, get free Amazon Fire (until Oct 31) - Oct 27, 2014.
Be technically competent in data analytics processes with Simplilearn Business Analytics, Big Data, SAS, R, and Hadoop training. Enroll by Oct 31 and get a free Amazon Fire.
- Top stories for Oct 19-25: Ebola Data Science Lessons; DM Radio, Oct 30 on Predictive Tools with KDnuggets, Predixion - Oct 26, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets, Predixion, RedPoint, and Appnomic, Oct 30; Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge; TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing.
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Australia: Day 1 Highlights - Oct 22, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from GE Capital, Datawatch and MapR Technologies on day 1 of Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Sydney, Australia.
- Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge - Oct 20, 2014.
Use city data to develop great applications for social good and earn prizes in IBM's new Big Data for Social Good challenge, starting in November 10. More information on eligibility, terms, and prizes will be available at launch.
- Big Data and Hadoop, Big Data Boot Camp LA - Oct 17, 2014.
Big Data Boot Camp LA provided attendees a comprehensive understanding of Big Data and Hadoop technologies. Sujee Maniyam provided a good technical overview of Hadoop and current trends. We provide key takeaways.
- Strata Hadoop World NYC – Watch Live, Oct 16 - Oct 15, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop is a leading conference on Big Data. The Strata + Hadoop NYC is sold out, but you can watch it live starting Oct 16 - see how.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 14 and beyond - Oct 13, 2014.
Hadoop means Business, Which Half of Your Graphs are Lying, Deep Learning + Apache Spark, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Linear Regression in Python, and many more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 22 and beyond - Sep 22, 2014.
Future of Hadoop Analytics, What Works: Open Source Analytics Software, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Evolution of Classification, Not all Graph Databases are created equal, Best Practices for Applying Advanced Analytics in Hadoop, and more.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Webinar: Learn Analytics Best Practices for Hadoop - Sep 17, 2014.
Learn how to overcome some of the main challenges of Hadoop and successfully implement your own advanced analytics in a big data Hadoop environment. Free RapidMiner Webinar, Oct 2.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Accenture, Analytics Media Group, SAS and Intel on day 2 of INFORMS The Business of Big Data.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Selecting the Right Big Data Vendor - Sep 10, 2014.
We discuss Big Data vendor landscape, key relevant questions, Alpine's competitive differentiation, important qualities sought in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 9 and beyond - Sep 9, 2014.
Modern Regression Analysis, Tamr and Forrester Research, Hadoop for Machine Learning, NASA Earth Science Data, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 2 and beyond - Sep 1, 2014.
Streaming Analytics, Analytical Lifecycle, Modern Regression Analysis, Hadoop for Machine Learning, NASA Earth Science Data, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, Ontotext, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 29-31: Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs …; 100 top machine learning talks - Sep 1, 2014.
Data Analytics vs Predictive Modeling vs Data Mining vs Big Data; 100 most popular machine learning talks at videolectures; Intro to parallel iterative Deep Learning on Hadoop YARN; Jeremy Howard answers why he left Kaggle and what are his plans now.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 21, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data technology practitioners from Teradata, Booz Allen Hamilton, Databricks and ProbabilityManagement.org during INFORMS The Business of Big Data in San Jose.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 19 and beyond - Aug 18, 2014.
Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Smart Metering, Hadoop, Data Science at the Command Line, Personalized Healthcare, Modern Regression Analysis Techniques, and more.
- Recommendations for Big Data Success for the Long Haul - Aug 15, 2014.
Overcome common big data challenges by identifying the right POC (proof-of-concept) use case for Hadoop and leveraging its success to build executive and stakeholder buy-in.
- Top Analytics and Big Data trends ahead of Strata Hadoop NYC Conference - Aug 14, 2014.
Top trends in Analytics and Big Data named by our readers ahead of Strata + Hadoop NYC conference include Deep Learning, Apache Spark, democratization of analytics, and real-time processing of Big Data.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on Why Open Source is So Important for Big Data - Aug 8, 2014.
We discuss the importance of contributing to Open Source, Big Data skills for business managers, Big Data predictions, key qualities sought in data engineers, career advice and more.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on the Best Free Online Resources to Learn Hadoop - Aug 7, 2014.
We discuss the startup - Elephant Scale, DIY Hadoop learning, best free online resources for learning Hadoop, getting a good job in Big Data, and the experience of authoring a book - Hadoop Illuminated (available for free).
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 5 and beyond - Aug 4, 2014.
Hadoop and Relational DB, Seductiveness of Big Data, SAS to R, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 1, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from Pivotal, IBM Research, George Washington University, IARPA at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- 18 essential Hadoop tools - Aug 1, 2014.
Hadoop tools develop at a rapid rate, and keeping up with the latest can be difficult. Here we detail 18 of the most essential tools that work well with Hadoop.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Conference + Hadoop World, New York, Oct 15-17, 2014 - Jul 28, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World NYC is where cutting-edge data science and new business fundamentals intersect-and merge. Win a free KDnuggets 2-day pass or get KDnuggets discount.