- IBM Watson Analytics – Will it Replace Data Scientists ? - Nov 11, 2014.
We review IBM Watson Analytics Beta version, the service which aims to provide an automated data scientist and intended for business users who want to move beyond spreadsheets for analysis .
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-4: A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records - Nov 5, 2014.
A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records; IBM Insight 2014; A reminder from Lockheed Martin that #BigData can be a slow process; The key language a Data Scientist should master is not R or Python, but Business.
- Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge - Oct 20, 2014.
Use city data to develop great applications for social good and earn prizes in IBM's new Big Data for Social Good challenge, starting in November 10. More information on eligibility, terms, and prizes will be available at launch.
- DataLadder outperforms IBM and SAS in Record Linkage - Oct 16, 2014.
Data scientists from the Centre for Data Linkage at Curtin U. found that Connecticut-based firm Data Ladder has outperformed several major companies on record linkage.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- IBM Watson’s Next Step: Partnership with Universities - Aug 15, 2014.
Students from ten top tech universities now have access to Watson. For students at New York University interested in Watson, Capstone Project Course would be their first choice.
- When Watson Meets Machine Learning - Jul 2, 2014.
Our report on a recent Cognitive Systems meetup co-sponsored by IBM Watson and NYU Center for Data Science, IBM Watson Ecosystem, and machine learning applications, from healthcare to cognitive toys. You will want Fang!
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- OnlyBoth Startup is like IBM Watson in Reverse - May 24, 2014.
OnlyBoth startup from Vivisimo co-founder Raul Valdes-Perez is like IBM Watson in reverse - it discovers new insights in data and writes them in English.
- Has Predictive Analytics Crossed The Chasm? - May 15, 2014.
Recent study highlights the increasing market perception that Predictive Analytics leads to competitive advantage. The report also outlines current trends and challenges for Predictive Analytics.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 28 and beyond - Apr 28, 2014.
Stuck in Traffic, Beyond Excel, Evolving Your BI Strategy, BLU Acceleration with Cognos, SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking Featuring David Meintrup, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.
- Interactive Big Data Timeline - Apr 8, 2014.
A very interesting interactive Big Data timeline takes you from the beginning of information overload in 1880s to Business Intelligence, World Wide Web, Hadoop, Cloud, and more.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Anjul Bhambhri, VP of Big Data Products at IBM - Mar 25, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Anjul Bhambhri, IBM’s Vice President of Big Data Products about Big Data Trends, developing the Big Data capabilities in-house vs. outsourcing, five crucial steps to adopting a success big data strategy and advice for beginners.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-20: Bitcoin 101 – everything you need to know; Top IPython Notebooks at #strataconf - Mar 21, 2014.
Bitcoin 101 - covers everything you need to know, how it is traded, history, and future; Top 7 IPython Notebooks used for presentations at #strataconf; Online (streaming) Learning with Microsoft AdPredictor algorithm; IBM creates fraud & financial crimes prevention unit, leveraging #BigData Analytics.
- IBM Big Data & Analytics Heroes: Gregory Piatetsky - Mar 11, 2014.
Meet IBM Big Data and Analytics Hero for this week: Gregory Piatetsky.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Highlights - Mar 11, 2014.
Highlights from Sentiment Analysis Symposium held recently in New York: Affective Computing: sentiment from facial expressions, need to market to a “tribe” of people, social media speed of appearance, IBM notion of an Engaged Employee, and more.
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.
- KDnuggets talks to IBM: Data scientists: Hire an individual or team? - Feb 13, 2014.
KDnuggets recent poll about Data Science - Individual vs Team has caught attention of IBM. Listen to the podcast where I discuss the unexpected findings of this poll and other Data Science topics.
- FastCompany 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data - Feb 10, 2014.
Big Data-driven companies can now map your genome, find the best fit for clothing, and improve student grades, but it all comes at the expense of much reduced privacy. Here are 10 most innovative Big Data companies according to Fast Company.