- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
- ‘Magic’ – Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 5, 2014.
Import.io's new feature - 'Magic' allows users to instantly turn web pages into tables of data: No Plugins, No Training, No Setup. Learn More.
- Salaries in IT – Scrape, refine, and plot case study - Oct 11, 2014.
Very good case study, showing how to scrape with import.io, refine with OpenRefine, and plot with Plot.ly. Also learn about salaries vs age in Belgium.
- Making Sense of Public Data – Wrangling Jeopardy - Oct 7, 2014.
Trifacta’s Alon Bartur & Will Davis detail their process for transforming or “wrangling” publicly available Jeopardy data found on the web for downstream analysis.
- Founders of Yahoo! and MySQL Invest in Import.io - Sep 8, 2014.
Import.io raises $3M round from Jerry Yang and David Axmark. Released a streamlined version of web data extraction tool with exciting new features.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 2-3: Data scientists need their GitHub; How to make Data Scientist job less tedious - Apr 4, 2014.
Also Top stories in March: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; import.io adds authenticated APIs, command line crawlers.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 12-13: Where to start learning #DataScience; import.io Automatic Data Extraction - Feb 14, 2014.
Where to start learning #DataScience for 1) statisticians, 2) coders, and 3) newbies; import.io Automatic Data Extraction - a very easy way to get data; Best Twitter keyboard shortcut is ? - a question mark; Cartoon: Data Scientist Valentine Day Prediction.