- Free Urban Data – What’s It Good For? - Nov 1, 2014.
See how the increasing availability of free urban datasets that has come with more cities participating in free data programs can be applied to solve interesting problems in this Big Data article.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 1, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from Pivotal, IBM Research, George Washington University, IARPA at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Bosch Research and Technology Center: Data Mining Engineer – Big Data Infrastructure - Jul 25, 2014.
Bringing together disparate technologies to help solve business problems in Purchasing, Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, and other domains.
- CRN 25 Big Data Infrastructure Companies - Jun 24, 2014.
We examine the top 25 Big Data Infrastructure companies, part of CRN Big Data 100, which includes Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft.
- Don Zereski, VP, Local Search & Discovery, HERE (Nokia) on Location Analytics and Architecture Evolution - Jun 8, 2014.
We discuss trends in location analytics, evolution of HERE's analytics architecture, infrastructure challenges, data governance and more.
- Interview: Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist on HP Big Data Strategy and HAVEn - May 28, 2014.
We discuss how HP views Big Data, capabilities of HP HAVEn, leveraging Big Data for improving customer experience, Analytics challenges, outsourcing criteria and current trends.
- Big Data Landscape, v 3.0, analyzed - May 15, 2014.
We analyze the Big Data Landscape and identify the most popular market segments in Analytics, Infrastructure, Applications, Open Source, and Data Sources categories. It is still early - only 4.5% of companies had exits.