- Interview: Philip Maymin, NYU on How Optical Analytics will Revolutionize Basketball - Nov 21, 2014.
We discuss the emergence of Optical Analytics, its impact on NBA, challenges in integrating Optical Analytics into game strategy, the trade-off of analytical insights vs gut instinct and the impact on fan engagement.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The Analytics of Digital Transformation, according to TCS - Nov 17, 2014.
Lipika Dey, in this interview before her talk at next month's LT-Accelerate conference, discusses consumer and market analytics and techniques to extract actionable information from text and social media data.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on the Role of Open Source in Cloud industry - Nov 15, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about HP’s Open Source strategy, evolution of Open Source production model, learning from the success of Open Source in Web, trends and more.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on Why the Future Belongs to “Hybrid Clouds” - Nov 13, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about the future of Eucalyptus (recently acquired by HP), defines Hybrid Clouds and their importance, and gives some tips for vendor selection.
- SPOTLIGHT: Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes and other Deadly Insects? #2 - Oct 9, 2014.
KDnuggets launches Spotlight initiative to bring attention to academic research. The journey begins with Prof. Eamonn Keogh, UCR and his talented student, Yanping Chen, who are applying data mining to save us all from insect-vectored diseases.
- SPOTLIGHT: Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes and other Deadly Insects? - Oct 8, 2014.
KDnuggets launches Spotlight initiative to bring attention to academic research. The journey begins with Prof. Eamonn Keogh and his student, Yanping Chen, who are applying data mining to save us all from insect-vectored diseases.
- Interview: Toni Jones, U-Haul on Deriving Business Insights from Social Media - Oct 5, 2014.
We discuss social media strategy at U-Haul, the key drivers of a social media campaign, identifying what data to focus on, important metrics, career advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Selecting the Right Big Data Vendor - Sep 10, 2014.
We discuss Big Data vendor landscape, key relevant questions, Alpine's competitive differentiation, important qualities sought in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra: Harness Data and Harvest Value - Sep 4, 2014.
We discuss how to tame Big Data through harnessing data and harvesting value, the top Big Data priorities in Insurance sector, short-term and long-term needs of Healthcare Analytics, and more.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Discovering Customer Insights through Sentiment Mining - Aug 5, 2014.
We discuss examples of discovery through sentiment mining, current trends, innovative applications, important soft skills, and more.
- Interview: Sastry Malladi, StubHub on Designing Big Data Architecture for the Unknown Future - Jul 28, 2014.
We discuss the Big Data architecture at StubHub, important factors in architecture design, hybrid approach of using Big Data along with traditional data warehouses, challenges, importance of meta-data and more.
- Interview: Amy Gaskins, AVP, MetLife on New Era Hiring at MetLife through Synapse - Jul 23, 2014.
We discuss the motivation behind launch of Synapse, updating the recruitment process to meet today's needs, data science trends, career advice, important soft skills and more.
- Interview: Amy Gaskins, AVP, MetLife on Smarter Analytics through Qualitative Research - Jul 22, 2014.
We discuss the relevance of qualitative research for customer intelligence, MetLife Infinity, and the increasing trend of behavior-based customer segmentation.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 16-17: An awesome list of Big Data frameworks - Jul 18, 2014.
An awesome GitHub list of #BigData frameworks, resources, and more; 15 interviews with 15 data scientists; 14 definitions of data scientist, from funny to serious; Revised standards for statistical evidence.
- Interview: Piero Ferrante, BCBS on Why Healthcare is Rich in Data but Poor in Information - Jul 17, 2014.
We discuss role of analytics in healthcare payer firms, major challenges in leveraging healthcare data, shift to value-based payments, personal motivation towards analytics, career advice and more.
- Interview: Marc Smith, Chief Social Scientist, Connected Action, on Why We Need Open Tools for Social Networks - Jul 14, 2014.
We discuss NodeXL impact stories, upcoming NodeXL features, importance of an open environment, future of social media analytics, advice for novice researchers and more.
- Interview: Amy Gershkoff, Director of Customer Analytics & Insights, eBay on How to Design Custom In-House BI Tools - Jul 11, 2014.
We discuss key principles for designing business intelligence tools, exploring causation based on correlation insights, attributes of future Analytics leaders, interesting Big Data trends, important qualities in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Privacy and Sentiment Analysis challenges - Jul 9, 2014.
We discuss the modern sentiment analysis challenges, how to address privacy concerns, Big Data predictions and more.
- Exclusive: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Modern Sentiment Analysis using Ubiquitous Continuous Sensing - Jun 30, 2014.
We discuss traditional sentiment analysis vs. modern sentiment analysis, role of data science in Human Centric Intelligent Society, mainstream adoption of bio sensors and opportunities created by Big Data from ubiquitous continuous sensing.
- Interview: Samaneh Moghaddam, Applied Researcher, eBay on Opinion Mining – Typical Projects and Major Challenges - Jun 27, 2014.
We discuss typical sentiment analysis problems at eBay, underrated challenges, career motivation, important soft skills and more.
- Interview: Conal Sathi, Data Scientist, Slice on Creating Value from Mining Shoppers’ e-Receipts - Jun 16, 2014.
We discuss the relevance of "Purchase Graph", Slice platform, analytical insights from mining all activity around a customer's purchase, experimentation strategy, experience of working as a data scientist and more.
- Interview: Lloyd Tabb, Chairman & CTO, Looker on Front-line Analytics and Data Democratization - Jun 9, 2014.
We discuss the capabilities of Looker, data democratization across organization, change in the tools being used by analytics-savvy business managers, front-line analytics, competitive landscape and more.
- Don Zereski, VP, Local Search & Discovery, HERE (Nokia) on Location Analytics and Architecture Evolution - Jun 8, 2014.
We discuss trends in location analytics, evolution of HERE's analytics architecture, infrastructure challenges, data governance and more.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Big Data perception and learning Big Data skills - Jun 7, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs' future plans, Big Data perception at C-level in large firms, most effective ways to learn Big Data skills and more.
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Decision Science as a Service and Data Science curriculum - May 31, 2014.
We discuss Kirk's role at Syntasa, the concept of "Decision Science as a Service", key components of a well-designed Data Science education curriculum, advice for young aspirants and more.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Big Data in Astrophysics and Correlation vs. Causality - May 30, 2014.
We discuss how to build the best data models, significance of correlation and causality in Predictive Analytics, and impact of Big Data on Astrophysics.
- Interview: Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist on HP Big Data Strategy and HAVEn - May 28, 2014.
We discuss how HP views Big Data, capabilities of HP HAVEn, leveraging Big Data for improving customer experience, Analytics challenges, outsourcing criteria and current trends.
- Saxon Global, fast growing BI, Big Data, Cloud Service Provider - May 24, 2014.
Why India is emerging as a powerhouse of Analytics, Big Data Applications, Privacy, What will replace Big Data, and more.
- Interview: Dale Russell, CTO, Talksum on Building Talksum Router and Real-time Anaytics - May 21, 2014.
We discuss challenges in building Talksum data stream solution, current trends in real-time analytics, advice for Data Science aspirants and more.
- Interview: Dale Russell, CTO, Talksum on Winning the IE Big Data Startup Award - May 20, 2014.
We discuss Talksum data stream router and cross-domain networking with real-time data management using data streams.
- Exclusive Interview: Michael O’Connell, Chief Data Scientist, TIBCO on How to Lead in Big Data - May 19, 2014.
We discuss Big Data vs. Fast Data, Data Visualization trends, Jaspersoft acquisition, factors differentiating future leaders of Big Data and more.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Quintiles on Future of Heathcare and Big Data Skills - May 16, 2014.
We discuss how Big Data is shaping the future of Healthcare industry and advice for career in Analytics.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Director of Data Science, Quintiles on Big Data for Healthcare - May 15, 2014.
We discuss the rising medical costs, how can Big Data help, key features of Quintiles Inforsario and Topological Data Analysis.
- Interview: Prateek Jain, Director of Engineering, eHarmony on Fast Search and Sharding - May 14, 2014.
We discuss Big Data architecture, fast multi-attribute searches, database sharding and scaling challenges at eHarmony.