- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on Big Data Trends and Important Skills - May 13, 2014.
We discuss the key trends in Big Data industry, important skills for Data Science practioners and more.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on YARN and Customer Analytics - May 12, 2014.
We discuss significance of YARN for Hadoop 2.0 platform, unique benefits of RedPoint Convergent Marketing Platform and Master Key Management for Customer Analytics.
- Interview: Arijit Sengupta, CEO, BeyondCore on Advanced Analytics and Big Data - May 9, 2014.
We discuss traditional analytics vs. modern analytics, avoiding over-simplification, human-technology interaction for Big Data, challenges in democratizing analytics and more.
- Interview: Xinghua Lou (Microsoft) on Mining Clinical Notes and Big Data in Healthcare - May 7, 2014.
We discuss data mining of cancer clinical data, LDA topic model, challenges in mining clinical notes, big data in healthcare and more.
- Interview: Michael Brodie on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, and Future Trends - May 6, 2014.
The last part of our exclusive interview focuses on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, Privacy Issues, Expected Technical Developments in next 5 years and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia - May 5, 2014.
We discuss the responsibilities of Data Science and Analytics teams, significance of programming knowledge for data scientists, important soft skills, talent landscape in data science and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Juan Miguel Lavista, Microsoft Data Science Team - Apr 30, 2014.
We discuss Randomized Controlled Experiments, common errors during A/B testing, Correlation vs. Causality, Big Data Myths and setting up realistic expectations from Big Data and more...
- Exclusive Interview: Michael Brodie, Leading Database Researcher, Industry Leader, Thinker - Apr 21, 2014.
We discuss the most important database research advances, industry developments, role of relational, NoSQL, Graph databases, Computing Reality, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 11-13: Influential Data Scientists on Twitter; Data Analytics Handbook – free download - Apr 14, 2014.
Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and what they do now; Data Analytics Handbook - Interviews with Data Scientists and CEO, free download; An Introduction to Deep Learning in Java; #BigData Salaries for Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- Fractal Analytics Interview Highlights - Mar 27, 2014.
Fractal Analytics CEO on starting the company, competing with the best, managing attrition, attributes he looks for when hiring, 4 different analytics career tracks, strategic bets, and advice for starting data scientists.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Anjul Bhambhri, VP of Big Data Products at IBM - Mar 25, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Anjul Bhambhri, IBM’s Vice President of Big Data Products about Big Data Trends, developing the Big Data capabilities in-house vs. outsourcing, five crucial steps to adopting a success big data strategy and advice for beginners.
- Exclusive: Interview with Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn - Mar 19, 2014.
Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn talks about search quality, IR, query understanding, and advice for data science enthusiasts. Don't miss: 4 steps to get your LinkedIn profile show up on top of search results.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Geoffrey Moore: Crossing the Chasm and Big Data - Mar 14, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with a noted author Geoffrey Moore about his "Crossing the Chasm" book, his vision for Big Data analytics, when Big Data will cross the chasm, and advice for entrepreneurs.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Paco Nathan, Chief Scientist at Mesosphere - Mar 10, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Paco Nathan, computer scientist, OSS developer, author, and advisor about Apache Mesos, Cascading, his books and Big Data trends.
- Top stories for Mar 2-8: Do’s and Don’t of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthtough language - Mar 9, 2014.
The Dos and Donts of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language - what it means for Data Science? Introduction to Random Forests for Beginners - free ebook; Exclusive Interview with Quentin Clark, Microsoft Data Platform Group.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group - Mar 6, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Quentin Clark, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Data Platform Group. In the interview, we discuss Power BI for Office 365, Big Data trends and Microsoft’s strategic decisions.