Tag: Kaggle (16)
http likes 232
- XGBoost, a Top Machine Learning Method on Kaggle, Explained - Oct 18, 2017.
Looking to boost your machine learning competitions score? Here’s a brief summary and introduction to a powerful and popular tool among Kagglers, XGBoost.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n41, Nov 16: Top 10 Amazon Books in Data Mining; Intuitive Explanation of Convolutional Neural Nets - Nov 20, 2016.
Also An Intuitive Explanation of Convolutional Neural Networks; Data Scientists vs Data Analysts - Part 1; How to Rank 10% in Your First Kaggle Competition.
- Boston Data Festival Celebrates Big Data Community, Nov 3-8 - Oct 16, 2014.
Celebrate the big data community, see many world-class speakers, and participate in insightful events at this year's Boston Data Festival. The event takes place November 3-8.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Kaggle Epilepsy Seizure Prediction Challenge - Aug 28, 2014.
Create a forecasting system for predicting epileptic seizures in this Kaggle challenge to help improve the lives of epilepsy patients and win prizes. Competition ends on November 17.
- OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning - Aug 11, 2014.
OpenML is designed to share, organize and reuse data, code and experiments, so that scientists can make discoveries more efficiently. It is an interesting idea to build a network of machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 16-18: Great find – Intro to Data Science, free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly - May 19, 2014.
Great find! Intro. to Data Science, v2 (170 pages), free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly; A Statistician's View on #BigData and Data Science - updated; CIOReview Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies.
- KDD Cup 2014 – Predicting Excitement at DonorsChoose.org - May 16, 2014.
Predict which Donor Choose projects will be exciting. 2014 edition of KDD Cup, the first data mining competition, is on Kaggle. Submissions due June 15.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 24-25: Is a Data Science Certificate sufficient? Kaggle branches beyond competitions - Mar 26, 2014.
My answer to Is a Data Science Certificate sufficient to become a data scientist? Kaggle branches beyond data mining competitions, will build oil and gas vertical solution; Vicarious, developing brain-inspired machine learning, gets $40M from Mark and Elon; OkCupid "Love" Analytics finds best three questions.
- How Many Data Scientists are out there? - Mar 13, 2014.
We examine indeed, LinkedIn, Kaggle, and other sources to investigate how many data scientists - in name and in function - are out there, and how strong is the demand.
- Introduction to Random Forests for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 6, 2014.
Random Forests is of the most powerful and successful machine learning techniques. This free ebook will help beginners to leverage the power of Random Forests.
- Kaggle March Machine Learning Mania - Feb 14, 2014.
Can you turn 20 years of historical data into predictions for 2014 NCAA College Basketball Tournament, aka March Madness? Enter this Intel-sponsored tournament - predictions due Mar 19.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
- FastCompany 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data - Feb 10, 2014.
Big Data-driven companies can now map your genome, find the best fit for clothing, and improve student grades, but it all comes at the expense of much reduced privacy. Here are 10 most innovative Big Data companies according to Fast Company.
- Deep Learning Wins Dogs vs Cats competition on Kaggle - Feb 5, 2014.
A Deep learning expert wins Kaggle Dogs vs Cats image competition with an almost perfect result.