- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- KDD-2014 report, part 2: The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data - Sep 2, 2014.
Here is part 2 of my report on KDD-2014, the biggest and the best Data Science meeting: The Magic Module genes, Privacy vs Big Data, and should we ask for consent of data subjects?
- Top stories for Aug 24-30: 4 main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Dataiku Data Science Studio - Aug 31, 2014.
Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Dataiku Data Science Studio; KDD-2014 - The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; On the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation.
- KDD-2014 Ice Bucket Challenge - Aug 30, 2014.
KDD-2014 team of Jure Leskovec, Claudia Perlich, Sofus Macskassy, Gregory Piatetsky, and Rayid Ghani responds to the Ice Bucket challenge.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 27-28: Worst Venn Diagram ever? KDD-2014: Biggest and Best Data Science Meeting - Aug 29, 2014.
Worst Venn Diagram ever?; New Microsoft Azure SQL Database service tiers with reduced pricing; KDD-2014 - The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; NYTimes on KDD-2014: Looking to the Future of Data Science.
- KDD-2014 – The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting - Aug 28, 2014.
KDD-2014 was the largest (with over 2300 people) and the best Data Science meeting, highlighting the huge progress of Data Science made with Big Data, and its even more amazing potential.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-24: A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; Keeping up to date - Aug 25, 2014.
A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; How to keep yourself up to data on Data Science, Data Mining; Automatic Storytelling: How to Build Your Very Own Data Scientist ; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data.
- KDD-2014 Awards Winners - Aug 22, 2014.
KDD-2014, the leading and the largest conference in data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery, recognizes the key researchers and contributors through several awards - read about the winners.
- Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning, great advice for young researchers - Aug 19, 2014.
Top researcher Pedro Domingos on useful maxims for Data Mining, Machine Learning as the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning called sum-product networks, Big Data and startups, and great advice to young researchers.
- August – January Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Aug 4, 2014.
Coming soon: KDD-2014 Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, DataWeek + API World, PAW Gov, ECML/PKDD, Big Data Innovation Summit, PAW Boston, Strata + Hadoop NYC, and many more.
- KDD Partners with Bloomberg to Unleash Data - Jun 21, 2014.
Researchers will be able to engage with practitioners, policy makers and activists engaged in NGOs to explore opportunities to utilize data science in socially relevant application domains. Abstracts or other submissions due July 15.
- Registration open for KDD 2014 – Best Data Mining and Data Science Research - May 23, 2014.
KDD 2014, held Aug 24-27 in New York City, brings you the best research and the state of the art in Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Data Science. Registration is now open - early rate till July 15.
- Signi-Trend App: Detecting Significant Trends in Text - May 21, 2014.
Signi-Trend is a visual explorer tool for a new, heavy-hitters style, trend detection algorithm. Details will be published at KDD 2014.
- KDD Cup 2014 – Predicting Excitement at DonorsChoose.org - May 16, 2014.
Predict which Donor Choose projects will be exciting. 2014 edition of KDD Cup, the first data mining competition, is on Kaggle. Submissions due June 15.
- BPDM 2014: Broadening Participation in Data Mining Program - May 14, 2014.
The BPDM Program, held at KDD-2014, aims to foster mentorship, guidance, and connections of minority and underrepresented groups in Data Mining/Data Science by providing scholarships to interact with and learn from senior researchers. Apply by June 12.
- KDD 2014 Workshops – the latest in Data Mining and Data Science Research - May 12, 2014.
KDD 2014 workshops are the forum for the latest data mining and data science research. Workshop topics include Data Science for Social Good, Big Data Discovery and Curation, Big Data Analytics for Bio/Health Informatics, Stream Mining, Data Ethics, Sports Analytics, and more. Submission dates from late May to late June.
- KDD 2014 Workshops – the leading edge of Data Science Research - Apr 27, 2014.
KDD 2014 workshops provide the forum for the leading-edge research on topics like Data Science for Social Good, Crowd Sensing, Mobile Health, Stream Mining, Data Ethics, Sports Analytics, Social Networks, and much more. Papers due in June.
- KDD 2014 Call for Papers, Workshops, Tutorials and Sponsorships - Jan 17, 2014.
KDD 2014, the leading research conference in the field, will bring together researchers and practitioners from all aspects of data mining, knowledge discovery, and large-scale data analytics. This year special theme is Data Mining for Social Good. Abstracts due Feb 13.