- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-4: A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records - Nov 5, 2014.
A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records; IBM Insight 2014; A reminder from Lockheed Martin that #BigData can be a slow process; The key language a Data Scientist should master is not R or Python, but Business.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 25-27 - Jul 28, 2014.
Does Apple slow down old iPhones when new ones are released? The Social Network of Alexander the Great; Kirk D. Borne - from data mining at NASA to teaching Data Science at GMU; Data for Good: data-driven projects for social good.
- Webinar: How Can Analytics Improve Business? - Jul 10, 2014.
Register for this episode with host Eric Kavanagh, and leading analysts Dr. Robin Bloor and Dr. Kirk Borne to learn critical success factors for using analytics effectively.
- The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining and Data Science: Overfitting - Jun 14, 2014.
Overfitting leads to public losing trust in research findings, many of which turn out to be false. We examine some famous examples, "the decline effect", Miss America age, and suggest approaches for avoiding overfitting.
- KDnuggets 14:n14, KDnuggets Analytics/Data Mining Poll Results; First Law of Data Science - Jun 10, 2014.
Also Datafication, US Open Data Plan, Kirk D. Borne, Raul Valdez-Perez and more interesting Interviews and Opinions, Analytics/Data mining Features, Software, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Decision Science as a Service and Data Science curriculum - May 31, 2014.
We discuss Kirk's role at Syntasa, the concept of "Decision Science as a Service", key components of a well-designed Data Science education curriculum, advice for young aspirants and more.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Big Data in Astrophysics and Correlation vs. Causality - May 30, 2014.
We discuss how to build the best data models, significance of correlation and causality in Predictive Analytics, and impact of Big Data on Astrophysics.
- InformationWeek 10 Big Data Pros To Follow On Twitter - May 22, 2014.
Information Week list of 10 Big Data Pros includes leading industry experts @merv, @sogrady, @Sve_Sic, @KirkDBorne, @KDnuggets, @BigDataGal, @Data_Nerd, @JaimeFitzgerald, @TonyBaer, and @marcusborba.
- KDnuggets Twitter Social Network - Mar 14, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter social network, created by NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel for social network analysis.