- Taming the Internet of Things – KNIME Case Study - Sep 30, 2014.
With increasing interest in the Internet of Things (IoT), see how KNIME can be applied to collect data from IoT sensors, enrich that data, transform it, analyze it, and finally visualize it.
- KDnuggets 14:n21, Certificates in Analytics, Data Science; Michael Berthold, KNIME; OpenML - Aug 13, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Certificates in Analytics, Data Science, online and on-campus; Interview with Michael Berthold, KNIME founder and President; OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning, and more.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, KNIME Founder, on Research, Creativity, Big Data, and Privacy, Part 2 - Aug 12, 2014.
We discuss interesting research projects, scientific research and creativity, Big Data hype and reality, is privacy still possible, and advice for beginning Data Scientists.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, President and Founder of KNIME, on Data Mining, Startups, and Visual Workflow - Aug 9, 2014.
We discuss KNIME key features and how it compares to competition, KNIME business model, Pharma, planned development, and transition from an academic project to a company.
- Top 10 Data Analysis Tools for Business - Jun 13, 2014.
Ten free, easy-to-use, and powerful tools to help you analyze and visualize data, analyze social networks, do optimization, search more efficiently, and solve your data analysis problems.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Where are your users? Geo-localization with KNIME - Apr 28, 2014.
Learn how KNIME can help you improve user understanding through Geo-localization of IP addresses and dynamic visualization. Access free white paper for more details.
- Data Workflows for Machine Learning - Apr 20, 2014.
Paco Nathan compares several open source frameworks for Machine Learning workflows, including KNIME, IPython Notebook and related libraries, Cascading, Cascalog, and Spark/MLbase, and proposes 9 criteria to evaluate the best alternatives.
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- KNIME a 2014 Leader in Advanced Analytic Platform: Gartner Magic Quadrant - Feb 25, 2014.
KNIME announced that Gartner has placed KNIME among the "Leaders" in its Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytic Platforms in recognition of KNIME ability to execute and its completeness of vision.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.