- LIONoso, a non-profit tool for Machine Learning and Intelligent Optimization - Nov 3, 2014.
LIONoso 2.1, developed by LIONlab for non-profit research and academic use, offers flexible training and experimentation for researchers who know what they are doing and want freedom in their ML experimentation.
- KDnuggets 14:n16, Does Deep Learning have deep flaws? New poll: Largest dataset analyzed? - Jun 25, 2014.
KDnuggets analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Academic, Tweets, CFP, and Quote.
- LION Resources for Teaching Machine Learning and Optimization - Jun 23, 2014.
A great collection of resources for "LION: Learning and Intelligent Optimization" textbook includes slides, tutorial movies, exercises, use cases, and LIONoso - an academic version of LIONsolver software.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 9-11: Data Mining for Statisticians; For teachers (and students) of Machine Learning - May 12, 2014.
Data Mining for Statisticians ; For teachers (and students) of #MachineLearning - Slides for LIONbook; Build a word cloud using R text mining tools - step-by-step; Graph Theory: Key to Understanding #BigData - graphs are not just for Google or eBay.
- KDnuggets 14:n06, How Many Data Scientists? Crossing the Chasm and Big Data; Trifacta vs Paxata - Mar 19, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science news, including How Many Data Scientists are out there, exclusive interviews with Geoffrey Moore (Crossing the Chasm), Paco Nathan (Apache Mesos and Big Data Math), and Quentin Clark (Power of BI), and LIONbook completed.
- Top stories for Mar 9-15: How Many Data Scientists? - Mar 16, 2014.
How Many Data Scientists are out there? LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization - completed, free personal download; Boston AnalyticsWeek: Big Data and Analytics Unconference, March 24-28; Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science.