- Interviews with Data Scientists: Claudia Perlich - Dec 4, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, Roberto Zicari talks to a leading Data Scientist Claudia Perlich about what they must know about Machine Learning and evaluation, domain knowledge, data blending, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- YCML Machine Learning library on Github - Aug 31, 2015.
YCML is a new Machine Learning library available on Github as an Open Source (GPLv3) project. It can be used in iOS and OS X applications, and includes Machine Learning and optimization algorithms.
- Surfing the Big Data Wave at H2O World - Nov 25, 2014.
Recent H2O World event showcased its open-source, scalable machine learning in the cloud, intended for people familiar with R but limited by its scalability. H2O can run on Hadoop and also on Apache Spark.
Pages: 1 2
- Top stories for Nov 16-22: R, Hadoop make machine learning possible for all; Azure ML is the next big thing - Nov 23, 2014.
R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone; Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists? 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist.
- CMU: Teaching Faculty, Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
Lead our efforts in teaching machine learning, both on-campus and online. As the world only academic Machine Learning Dept, we help define the standard curriculum for the field.
- EURECOM: Faculty Position in Data Mining and Machine Learning - Nov 20, 2014.
EURECOM, graduate school and a research center in communication systems, seeks qualified applicants interested in Big Data and Cloud computing for a tenured assistant professor position.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on Azure ML and the Emerging Data Science Economy - Nov 19, 2014.
We discuss what distinguishes Azure ML from its intense competition, the online machine learning university, current maturity level of Big Data solutions, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on How Azure ML is Simplifying Predictive Analytics - Nov 18, 2014.
Microsoft Corporate VP of Machine Learning, Joseph Sirosh talks about the recently released Azure ML, users’ feedback, favorite business use cases, how Azure ML fits in the Microsoft’s portfolio for Big Data solutions and more.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone - Nov 16, 2014.
R and Hadoop make machine learning approachable enough for inexperienced users to begin analyzing and visualizing interesting data to start down the path in this lucrative field.
- Machine Learning Summer School 2015, Sydney, Australia - Nov 12, 2014.
MLSS will provide graduate students, academics and industry professionals with an intense learning experience on the theory and applications of modern machine learning.
- MLconf: Today’s Adventures in Applied Machine Learning, San Francisco, Nov 14 - Nov 10, 2014.
Attend MLconf to listen to speakers from top companies, network with 300+ data scientists, business executives, engineers and students. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 5-6: Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 2 ways Big Data can make us happier - Nov 7, 2014.
Good news for Data Scientists! Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 100 Years of Computer Science and 10 academic papers that changed computing; Internet Saturated Nations; For every job-seeker in #BigData sector there are 3.6 jobs.
- Course: Practical Machine Learning for Engineers, New York, Nov 10-12 - Nov 4, 2014.
Learn the fundamental concepts of machine learning by working on a dataset of moderate size, using open source software tools. Special KDnuggets discount.
- LIONoso, a non-profit tool for Machine Learning and Intelligent Optimization - Nov 3, 2014.
LIONoso 2.1, developed by LIONlab for non-profit research and academic use, offers flexible training and experimentation for researchers who know what they are doing and want freedom in their ML experimentation.
- BigData TechCon San Francisco Report: Focus on Spark - Nov 1, 2014.
BigData TechCon SF 2014 covered a number of data technologies from the open source ecosystem through tutorials and classes. Spark and its libraries were a significant focus of the talks.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 29-30: If you can’t code, you can’t be a data scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books - Oct 31, 2014.
The #strataconf debate: If You Can't Code, You Can't Be a Data Scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books recommended by Berkeley machine learning expert; Data Blending for Dummies - free ebook from Alteryx; Data Science 2.0, upcoming book from Vincent Granville.
- Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete? - Oct 27, 2014.
Will deep learning will take over machine learning and make other algorithms obsolete, or is it too complex to use on simpler problems? We look at both sides of this discussion.
- H2O World, Open Source Machine Learning Meeting, Nov 18-19, Mountain View - Oct 27, 2014.
H2O World (Nov 18-19, Mountain View) is where the users of the very popular Open Source Machine Learning Engine H2O gather to share their knowledge and know-how to build Smart Applications.
- Adobe: Sr. Machine Learning Engineer (C++ / Big Data) - Oct 17, 2014.
Be part of the development team that produces a complex, high-performance analytics product called Adobe Data Workbench. Have superior problem-solving skills an a knack for developing large-scale, high-performance, complex systems.
- U Geneva: PhD position on Learning over distributed streaming data - Oct 17, 2014.
Develop innovative machine learning methods for streaming data in the context of the Internet of Things in this PhD position. Position is funded for three years. Applications submitted by November 30th will be given priority.
- Deep Learning RNNaissance, an insightful, comprehensive, and entertaining overview - Oct 9, 2014.
Watch this great overview of history and present state of Deep Learning, which is revolutionizing Machine learning, vision, robotics, and many other areas.
- SPOTLIGHT: Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes and other Deadly Insects? #2 - Oct 9, 2014.
KDnuggets launches Spotlight initiative to bring attention to academic research. The journey begins with Prof. Eamonn Keogh, UCR and his talented student, Yanping Chen, who are applying data mining to save us all from insect-vectored diseases.
- Top stories in September: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Oct 7, 2014.
Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- MSU: Computer Science and Engineering Faculty Positions - Oct 6, 2014.
CSE Dept at Michigan State University (MSU) invites applications for two tenure-system faculty positions in the area of machine learning and other related disciplines.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 24-25: Statistical & Machine learning with R, great 15 hour online course - Sep 26, 2014.
Watch: Statistical and Machine learning with R, 15 hour online course; 50 Data Science and Statistics Blogs worth reading; Microsoft: Data Scientist; Book: Frequent Pattern Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Helsinki: Postdoc Positions in Algorithms, Machine Learning, Big Data - Sep 20, 2014.
Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki are looking for several researchers in Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Big Data Processing, Machine Learning, and related areas. Apply by Oct 12, 2014.
- edX “Learning From Data” Caltech course - Sep 18, 2014.
This introductory Machine Learning course taught by top Caltech professor Abu-Mostafa covers theory, algorithms and applications, with focus on real understanding. Starts Sep 25 on edX.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Rocket Fuel: Principal Research Scientist – Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2014.
Develop predictive models and optimization algorithms for ad targeting and bidding on active ad exchanges to optimize advertising results. Grow and lead a team of world class machine learning engineers / scientists.
- Top stories for Sep 7-13: Hiring Data Scientists; MOOC – Process Mining - Sep 14, 2014.
Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 12, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from Microsoft, Sears Holdings and Obama for America on day 2 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures - Sep 11, 2014.
Discover lectures from a variety of summer schools and conference tutorials on machine learning in this list of the top lectures on the subject from videolectures.net.
- HICT: 20 funded doctoral student positions - Sep 10, 2014.
HICT, a joint initiative by Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki has 20 fully funded positions for exceptional doctoral students in algorithms and machine learning, life science informatics, networked systems and other areas.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 9 and beyond - Sep 9, 2014.
Modern Regression Analysis, Tamr and Forrester Research, Hadoop for Machine Learning, NASA Earth Science Data, Strata + Hadoop NYC preview, and more.
- Top stories for Aug 31 – Sep 6 - Sep 8, 2014.
Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Four main languages for Analytics; Cartoon: Robot Labor Day 2050; Exclusive: Ajay Bhargava, TCS shares the Big Data Mantra.