- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on Azure ML and the Emerging Data Science Economy - Nov 19, 2014.
We discuss what distinguishes Azure ML from its intense competition, the online machine learning university, current maturity level of Big Data solutions, important skills for data scientists and more.
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on How Azure ML is Simplifying Predictive Analytics - Nov 18, 2014.
Microsoft Corporate VP of Machine Learning, Joseph Sirosh talks about the recently released Azure ML, users’ feedback, favorite business use cases, how Azure ML fits in the Microsoft’s portfolio for Big Data solutions and more.
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
- MoDAT: Designing the Market of DATa – Workshop Report - May 28, 2014.
An overview of MoDAT workshop on "Designing the Market of DATa" - key research ideas such as recommending expertise, chance discovery, "data jackets", privacy risks, and more.
- Experfy, Big Data Consulting Marketplace from Harvard - May 2, 2014.
Good news for data experts - you have many new options with Experfy, a startup from Harvard Innovation Lab, which is a consulting marketplace where companies hire talent for Big Data, Analytics, and BI projects.
- Are Big Data and Privacy at odds? FICO Interview - Apr 23, 2014.
We discuss privacy, FICO scores, balancing predictive power and non-discrimination, whether technology bringing big data and privacy closer, and most important privacy issues for FICO.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 31 – Apr 1: Experfy marketplace for Data Science projects; Event Recommendation in Python - Apr 2, 2014.
Experfy launches a marketplace for #DataScience projects; Machine Learning Project: Event Recommendation in Python ; Anyone can see your email address on LinkedIn with this Chrome extension; 5 reasons to use R: free, popularity, power, flexibility, support.
- Predictive Analytics Marketplaces: Viable Solution to the Data Scientist Shortage Crisis? - Mar 18, 2014.
We examine strengths and weaknesses of several approaches for alleviating the shortage of data scientists.
- Why Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are not taking off, and how to fix it - Mar 1, 2014.
Three main hurdles holding back Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are a highly fragmented data mining tools market, limited support for customization, and lack of commitment. We examine how to overcome them.