- Text Mining and Election Analytics in Massachusetts - Oct 24, 2014.
Election season is coming! Take a deeper look at some political dynamics with indico’s political analysis API.
- MassTLC Big Data Meeting Delivers Insights, Perspective - May 8, 2014.
Summit highlights: Digitization and Datification - a love story, Strategies for creating a competitive advantage in #BigData world, Boston open data, Balancing privacy and governance, and the most widely used #BigData tool in the future.
- Top stories for Apr 27 – May 3 - May 4, 2014.
Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Mass Big Data Report 2014.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 30 – May 1: Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Donut - May 2, 2014.
Useful! Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Line, Donut, Choropleth; Microsoft Data Scientist; The Deep Dive: SAS vs. R: younger Data Scientists prefer R ; Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014.
- Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014 - Apr 30, 2014.
Massachusetts Big Data Report 2014 (free download) highlights state successes, including almost 500 Big Data companies, $2.5B invested, 5600 students graduating from 14 data science-related programs, and identifies key priorities and growth opportunities.
- Top stories for Jan 19-25: Learning from Data free online course; MassBigData; Split on Data Science Skills - Jan 27, 2014.
Tutorial: Data Science in Python; Learning from Data: Caltech free online course; MassBigData to boost Massachusetts Big Data, Analytics Ecosystem; Split on Data Science Skills: Individual vs Team approach.
- MassBigData launched to boost Massachusetts Big Data, Analytics Ecosystem - Jan 20, 2014.
MassBigData has a wealth of information, including publicly available Mass data sets, local #BigData events, regional jobs (over 2300 currently), a map of MassBigData companies, resources, and much more.