- Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 San Francisco: Day 2 Highlights - Oct 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from San Francisco Giants, New York University and LA Dodgers on day 2 of Sports Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
- Interview: Pallas Horwitz, Blue Shell Games on Why Data Science is So Critical for Gaming Studios - Aug 14, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at Blue Shell Games, the importance of "Lean Data", key metrics for online games, cross-product projects and optimizing meeting the data needs across an organization.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 8-10: Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing - Aug 11, 2014.
Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing; Metrics that Matter - The Key to Perfect Dashboards; Machine Learning Tutorial: The Max Entropy Text Classifier ; Six Thinking Hats and the Life of a Data Scientist.
- Metrics that Matter – The Key to Perfect Dashboards - Aug 9, 2014.
Create the perfect data visualization dashboards by learning what metrics matter most to your users and displaying them prominently within the design of the dashboard.
- Interview: Aparna Pujar, eBay on Evolution of Behavior Analytics for User Engagement - Jul 25, 2014.
We discuss Behavior Analytics vs. Web Analytics, important metrics for user engagement, challenges of behavior insights domain, future of multi-screen analytics, key soft skill and more.
- Interview: Cliff Lyon, Stubhub on Mastering Recommendation & Personalization Analytics Part 2 - Jul 19, 2014.
We discuss current trends, future vision, interesting correlations, privacy concerns, and advice for Data Science practitioners.
- Interview: Cliff Lyon, Stubhub on Mastering the Art of Recommendation and Personalization Analytics - Jul 18, 2014.
We discuss challenges in designing recommendation and personalization systems, how to select the right metrics, and learning regarding presentation of recommendation on different channels.
- Manufacturing Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Jul 17, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Analytics leaders from World Fuel Services, Vigilent Corporation, Caterpillar and SunEdison on day 2 of Manufacturing Analytics Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Interview: Lloyd Tabb, Chairman & CTO, Looker on Front-line Analytics and Data Democratization - Jun 9, 2014.
We discuss the capabilities of Looker, data democratization across organization, change in the tools being used by analytics-savvy business managers, front-line analytics, competitive landscape and more.
- Amazon: Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer, Video Advertising - Feb 18, 2014.
An outstanding BI engineer to design how our data will be stored and used, extract meaning from billions of data points, and automate processes to feed the right data into our machine learning engine.