- Top stories in July: Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Cats; Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize” - Aug 5, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets 14:n19, Big Data Gap; Boundary of Effectiveness; Great interviews; MLlib machine learning - Jul 30, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, and Tweets.
- Top stories for Jul 20-26 - Jul 27, 2014.
Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining; Spotting Bad Data Visualizations; MLlib: Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 23-24: 81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics - Jul 25, 2014.
81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics to drive pricing optimization; Google Brain project: Google is not really a search company. The Journal of Big Data has published its first articles - Hadoop, Mahout, Data; MLlib; Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- MLlib: Apache Spark component for machine learning - Jul 24, 2014.
MLlib, the machine learning component of Apache Spark, has developed into a tool that supports many common machine learning algorithms and now comes with more mature documentation and a stable API.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 9-10: MLlib: Scalable Machine Learning on Spark; Ensemble methods overview - Apr 11, 2014.
MLlib: Scalable Machine Learning on Spark (free ebook); Ensemble methods usually give best results in Machine Learning - an overview; Prediction.io open source machine learning server ; Maslow Hierarchy of Analytical Needs - too clever?