Tag: MOOC (17)
http likes 445
- 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist - Nov 22, 2014.
Burtch Works details the top 9 data science skills that potential data scientists must have to be competitive in this growing marketplace from the perspective of a recruiter.
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- edX “Learning From Data” Caltech course - Sep 18, 2014.
This introductory Machine Learning course taught by top Caltech professor Abu-Mostafa covers theory, algorithms and applications, with focus on real understanding. Starts Sep 25 on edX.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 10-14: Most Viewed Machine Learning and Text Mining Talks - Sep 16, 2014.
Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks and Text Mining Lectures at Videolectures; 3 Marks of Real #DataScience; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action.
- Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC - Sep 16, 2014.
Don't miss this Big Data MOOC on Coursera (free)! Top Stanford researchers teach efficient and scalable methods for extracting models and other information from very large amounts of data. Starts Sep 29.
- Top stories for Sep 7-13: Hiring Data Scientists; MOOC – Process Mining - Sep 14, 2014.
Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; MOOC: Process Mining: Data science in Action; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” - Sep 10, 2014.
This 6 week online course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Top stories for Aug 3-9: Cartoon: Big Data Viz and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell on Data Mining, Statistica future - Aug 10, 2014.
Cartoon: Big Data Visualization and 7-D Printer; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics, Data Mining, Statistica future; Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto highlights.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-7: Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 8, 2014.
Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science; New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining in 2014; If you love Pizza and #DataScience, here is a unique job for you.
- Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 6, 2014.
Learn about the different ways to become a data science including a master's degree, bootcamps, or self-learning with MOOCs and their advantages and disadvantages.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Highlights from Workshops - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from MIT, Georgia Tech, Microsoft Research and CUHK during workshops at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.
- SAS Analytics U to offer free software, MOOCs - Mar 25, 2014.
The new SAS University Edition and already established SAS OnDemand for Academics offer free use of SAS foundational technologies, ideal for data and statistical analysis in teaching, research and self-paced learning.
- Learning from Data, Caltech Free Online Course, now with captions in 40 languages - Jan 19, 2014.
Free, introductory Machine Learning online course, taught by a top-rated Caltech professor Yaser Abu-Mostafa, now with professional captioning in more than 40 languages.
- WekaMOOC: Data Mining with Weka, complete online course - Dec 21, 2013.
The course features video lectures by Professor Ian H. Witten, with English & Chinese subtitles, open-source Weka data mining platform. What were the most interesting lectures?