- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 12-13: Predicting employees likely to leave; Hacker guide to Neural Nets and Machine Learning - Nov 15, 2014.
Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; Hacker's guide to Neural Networks and Machine Learning; Enough With 'Feel Good' #DataScience; Most Popular SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining.
- Supermarket customers segmentation using Self-Organizing Mapping - Oct 23, 2014.
See how a leading European supermarket chain improved customer value and profitability and identified key customer groups by applying business intelligence and analytics techniques like self-organizing maps.
- Deep Learning RNNaissance, an insightful, comprehensive, and entertaining overview - Oct 9, 2014.
Watch this great overview of history and present state of Deep Learning, which is revolutionizing Machine learning, vision, robotics, and many other areas.
- Top stories in September: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Oct 7, 2014.
Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for?; Most Viewed Machine Learning Talks at Videolectures; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Automotive Customer Churn Prediction Results, part 2 - Sep 29, 2014.
Learn how to apply neural networks and self-organizing maps to visualize the macroscopic relationships between clients and the maintenance evolution of cars over the years.
- Top stories for Sep 21-27: Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 28, 2014.
Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); Data Science is mainly a Human Science; Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained; Predictive Analytics in Health Care.
- Advanced Data Analytics for Business Leaders Explained - Sep 24, 2014.
A business-level explanation of most important data analytics and machine learning methods, including neural networks, deep learning, clustering, ensemble methods, SVM, and when do use what models.
- KDnuggets 14:n25, Data Science is mainly a Human Science; edX Learning from Data - Sep 24, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories: Data Science is Mainly a Human Science; "Learning From Data" Caltech course - free on edX; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 19-21: Dilbert funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining; Guess which pattern is random - Sep 22, 2014.
Guess which pattern is random, which machine-generated? Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Data Scientist Cartoon; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft) - Sep 20, 2014.
A free online book explaining the core ideas behind artificial neural networks and deep learning (draft), with new chapters added every 2-3 months.
- New Beginnings in Facial Recognition - Jun 28, 2014.
Developments in neural networks and deep learning are bringing great improvements in facial recognition, which could have exciting (and scary) applications on platforms like Google Glass.
- Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? - Jun 19, 2014.
A recent study of neural networks found that for every correctly classified image, one can generate an "adversarial", visually indistinguishable image that will be misclassified. This suggests potential deep flaws in all neural networks, including possibly a human brain.
- Top stories for Jun 1-7 - Jun 8, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; Stanford University: Data Analyst.
- OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks - Jun 2, 2014.
OpenNN is an open source class library written in C++ which implements neural networks, and runs on Windows, Apple, or Linux.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in May - Jun 2, 2014.
ClearVu Analytics, OpenNN neural net library from Intelnics, QIWare, Vowpal Wabbit software for fast learning, Analytics Vidhya, 17 new Big Data meetings, companies, Latin American Data Science education, and more.
- How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind - Mar 19, 2014.
There has been a lot of buzz surrounding the potential impact deep learning will have in the field of analytics. This post looks at the origins of deep learning.
- Evolution of Fraud Analytics – An Inside Story - Mar 14, 2014.
The amazing analytic innovations in payment fraud prevention can be grouped into three major categories: large data-set modeling, sparse data-set modeling, and false-positive reductions - a view from the inside.