- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 25 and beyond - Nov 24, 2014.
Social Media to Actionable Insights, NoSQL and Big Data in the Government, NoSQL Database Architecture, All-vs-All: Correlation Using Spark/Hadoop, The 2015 Analytics Predictions Webinar, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 5-6: Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 2 ways Big Data can make us happier - Nov 7, 2014.
Good news for Data Scientists! Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 100 Years of Computer Science and 10 academic papers that changed computing; Internet Saturated Nations; For every job-seeker in #BigData sector there are 3.6 jobs.
- Wikibon Big Data Capital Markets Day – Big Data NYC 2014 - Oct 30, 2014.
One of the biggest events at Big Data NYC 2014 was the insightful presentation by Jeff Kelly from WikiBon. We provide here the key takeaways.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.
- Dear CIO, what you have is NOT a Data Lake - Jul 17, 2014.
Data Lakes are often the ideal structure of a company's big data, but the reality is that data is often split into data puddles. Xurmo seeks to eliminate this by integrating Data Virtualization into the Data Lake.
- 100 Big Data Companies Analyzed - Jun 29, 2014.
We analyze the CRN Big Data 100 for insights into trends in the future of Big Data companies, including changes in database solutions, active regions, and what industries are undergoing the most change right now.
- CRN 25 Big Data Management Companies - Jun 26, 2014.
We examine top 25 Big Data Management companies, part of CRN Big Data 100, including Actian, Couchbase, and MemSQL. A large fraction of these companies develop NoSQL solutions.
- Poll Results: Data Types/Sources Analyzed - May 17, 2014.
Trends in data sources for data mining include: table data dominates, followed by time series and text; audio, JSON grows in popularity, while itemsets decline; 70% access DB engines, but only 20% access NoSQL stores; Hadoop, MongoDB used more for text; Europe is lagging in NoSQL usage.
- Uppd8: An Engine for the Wisdom of Crowds - May 15, 2014.
What people think matters. Uppd8 focuses on crowd sentiment analysis and provides tag-scored data based on different user types. Basic services will be provided for free.
- Exclusive Interview: Michael Brodie, Leading Database Researcher, Industry Leader, Thinker - Apr 21, 2014.
We discuss the most important database research advances, industry developments, role of relational, NoSQL, Graph databases, Computing Reality, and more.