- Top stories for Jan 26 – Feb 1: Online Courses in Analytics, ML, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics, Big Data - Feb 2, 2014.
Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics and Big Data ahead of Strata 2014 Santa Clara; Viewpoint: Why your company should NOT use "Big Data"; "Human Analytics" at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka
- More Data Mining with Weka - Jan 30, 2014.
This online course teaches both principles and practical data mining techniques, lets students work on very big datasets, classify text, experiment with clustering, and much more.
- Data Mining for Beginners Boot Camp, Salford video series - Jan 29, 2014.
This series shows how to easily apply SPM software suite to your predictive modeling projects, using a modern banking application as an example. This series is at the beginner level, and is perfect for first-time users or for those who need a refresher course in model building and data analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 24-26: Great map of #DataScience skills; Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, ML - Jan 27, 2014.
Great map of #DataScience skills (Biz, ML, #BigData, Coding, Stats) vs Roles ; Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science; Top #BigData Trend in 2014: Big Data as a Service; Opinion: Why your company should NOT use Big Data.
- Top stories for Jan 19-25: Learning from Data free online course; MassBigData; Split on Data Science Skills - Jan 27, 2014.
Tutorial: Data Science in Python; Learning from Data: Caltech free online course; MassBigData to boost Massachusetts Big Data, Analytics Ecosystem; Split on Data Science Skills: Individual vs Team approach.
- Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science from Statistics.com - Jan 24, 2014.
Many interesting online courses covering Decision Trees, Machine Learning Tools, Python for Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Hadoop, Forecasting, Data Visualization, and more, from Statistics.com.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jan 23, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership opportunities, and learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts.
- TESC Online, Affordable MBA in Data Analytics –
Recharge Your Career - Jan 21, 2014.
This online program enables graduates to use advanced data analytics to drive continuous improvement resulting in organizational sustainability, and lets you earn credit for professional certifications/expertise.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 17-19: Learning from Data: Caltech free online course; Data scientists most used tools: SQL, R, Python, Excel - Jan 20, 2014.
Learning from Data: Caltech free online course, now with captions in 40 languages; Data scientist most used tools: SQL (71%), R #rstats (43%), Python (41%), Excel (36%); 13 Machine Learning and Data Mining Books for Data Scientists; The Power of Bubble Charts to display data in 4 dimensions
- PASS Free Online Business Analytics Training, Feb 5 - Jan 16, 2014.
Join live webcasts by some of the most knowledgeable and top-rated speakers, covering Advanced Analytics in Excel, End-to-End Power BI, Big Data, Data Visualization, and more. Tune in on Feb 5, 2014.
- DSE 400 Fast Track to Data Science, Free Online Course - Jan 14, 2014.
This free online course will explore Machine Learning, Big Data Architecture, Analytics, and Evidence-Oriented Systems Engineering, and will offer mentorship from experts along with practical skills and techniques. Course starts Jan 19.
- Interpreting Model Performance with Cost Functions - Jan 13, 2014.
Cost functions are critical for the correct assessment of performance of data mining and predictive models. This series goes deep into the statistical properties and mathematical understanding of each cost function and explores their similarities and differences.