- Mirador Open Data Competition - Oct 2, 2014.
This competition wants to get people interested in data-driven hypothesis making by offering a tool that is as intuitive and engaging as possible, while maintaining solid scientific and statistical foundations. Submissions due Oct 28.
- Interesting Social Media Datasets - Aug 13, 2014.
Learn about some of the many interesting social media datasets available to you, some of which are quite new, and the different features and challenges they offer you for your next big data science project.
- Data for Good: data-driven projects for social good - Jul 26, 2014.
Data for Good is an exciting new non-profit seeking to highlight the various data science projects and resources that can ultimately contribute to the social good.
- Interview: Marc Smith, Chief Social Scientist, Connected Action, on Why We Need Open Tools for Social Networks - Jul 14, 2014.
We discuss NodeXL impact stories, upcoming NodeXL features, importance of an open environment, future of social media analytics, advice for novice researchers and more.
- Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 – Day 2 Highlights - Jul 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Governance experts from Visa, Bing, San Francisco County, and RS Investments at Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in June - Jul 1, 2014.
Mode Analytics, Open India Government Data, new analytics certifications, new Data Science Education options in Asia, Pacific, Europe, USA, 29 new Big Data and Data Mining meetings, and more.
- KDnuggets 14:n14, KDnuggets Analytics/Data Mining Poll Results; First Law of Data Science - Jun 10, 2014.
Also Datafication, US Open Data Plan, Kirk D. Borne, Raul Valdez-Perez and more interesting Interviews and Opinions, Analytics/Data mining Features, Software, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-3: SAS vs R vs SPSS – Statistical Wars; RDataMining R Refcard for Data Mining - Jun 4, 2014.
SAS vs R vs SPSS - Statistical Language Wars - a giant infographic ; Very useful - R Refcard for Data Mining; Mind-boggling - The Internet in Real-Time - how quickly data is generated ; #BigData, Open Data, and Open Govt - Venn Diagram.
- US Open Data Action Plan and Datasets - May 31, 2014.
We summarize the key findings in the recently released US Open Data Action Plan, highlighting the principles, commitments, datasets released and future outlook.
- MassTLC Big Data Meeting Delivers Insights, Perspective - May 8, 2014.
Summit highlights: Digitization and Datification - a love story, Strategies for creating a competitive advantage in #BigData world, Boston open data, Balancing privacy and governance, and the most widely used #BigData tool in the future.
- SAS Competition for Top Data Scientist in UK, Ireland - Apr 2, 2014.
The contest, open to the academic and business communities, aims to find UK and Ireland best talent in analytics and data science. The goal is to produce an innovative forecast of energy demand.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 3-4: How to Lie With Statistics; Data to the People – J&J opens clinical trial data - Feb 5, 2014.
Great reading: How to Lie With Statistics; Give the Data to the People! Johnson & Johnson makes all its clinical trial data open; Pie Analytics - Keepin it Simple; Data scientists will love Aunsight, new data science platform