- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on the Role of Open Source in Cloud industry - Nov 15, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about HP’s Open Source strategy, evolution of Open Source production model, learning from the success of Open Source in Web, trends and more.
- H2O World, Open Source Machine Learning Meeting, Nov 18-19, Mountain View - Oct 27, 2014.
H2O World (Nov 18-19, Mountain View) is where the users of the very popular Open Source Machine Learning Engine H2O gather to share their knowledge and know-how to build Smart Applications.
- Book: Modern Optimization with R - Oct 10, 2014.
Learn the most relevant concepts related to modern optimization methods and how to apply them using multi-platform, open source, R tools in this new book on metaheuristics.
- Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration of complex datasets - Oct 1, 2014.
Mirador is an open-source tool for visual exploration of complex datasets, enabling users to discover correlation patterns and derive new hypotheses from the data. Download Windows and Mac OS X versions from Github.
- Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R - Sep 17, 2014.
Try the newly-released version of Rattle, the open source R package for data mining, and enjoy accessing a huge array of data mining algorithms through a convenient interface.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, President and Founder of KNIME, on Data Mining, Startups, and Visual Workflow - Aug 9, 2014.
We discuss KNIME key features and how it compares to competition, KNIME business model, Pharma, planned development, and transition from an academic project to a company.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on Why Open Source is So Important for Big Data - Aug 8, 2014.
We discuss the importance of contributing to Open Source, Big Data skills for business managers, Big Data predictions, key qualities sought in data engineers, career advice and more.
- Interview: Sujee Maniyam, Elephant Scale on the Best Free Online Resources to Learn Hadoop - Aug 7, 2014.
We discuss the startup - Elephant Scale, DIY Hadoop learning, best free online resources for learning Hadoop, getting a good job in Big Data, and the experience of authoring a book - Hadoop Illuminated (available for free).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan - Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.
- BIDMach machine learning toolkit - Jul 14, 2014.
BIDMach machine learning toolkit offers "rooflined" (optimized to the limit) compute primitives and competitive performance on learning tasks like regression, clustering, classification, and matrix factorization.
- Interview: Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CEO on “Predaction” and Key Turning Points - Jun 27, 2014.
RapidMiner CEO Ingo Mierswa talks about "predaction", reasons for RapidMiner popularity, business source model, analytics to investigate fraud, key turning points, and more.
- The R User Conference, June 30 – July 3, Los Angeles - Jun 19, 2014.
The open source R language is a leading tool for data scientists. Attend useR! conference, the main annual event of the R community, June 30 - July 3, in Los Angeles.
- DLib: Library for Machine Learning - Jun 10, 2014.
DLib is an open source C++ library implementing a variety of machine learning algorithms, including classification, regression, clustering, data transformation, and structured prediction.
- OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks - Jun 2, 2014.
OpenNN is an open source class library written in C++ which implements neural networks, and runs on Windows, Apple, or Linux.
- Big Data Landscape, v 3.0, analyzed - May 15, 2014.
We analyze the Big Data Landscape and identify the most popular market segments in Analytics, Infrastructure, Applications, Open Source, and Data Sources categories. It is still early - only 4.5% of companies had exits.
- Oracle Academy – Teaching Students Around The World - Apr 15, 2014.
Oracle academy teaches millions on students around the world, supports Oracle and open-source applications, with courses ranging from computer science for kids to Big Data education.
- Prediction.io open source machine learning server - Apr 10, 2014.
Prediction.io is an open source machine learning server for predictive solutions, such as personalization or recommendations, built on top of scalable frameworks such as Hadoop and Cascading - ready to handle Big Data.
- Open Analytics NYC Summit May 8 - Apr 10, 2014.
Open Analytics Summits are a great place for CTOs, Engineers, Developers, Data Scientists, and others to connect, network, and learn about open source technologies and big data analytics. Early reg by Apr 18 + KDnuggets discount.
- Open Analytics Summit – Chicago, March 27 – KDnuggets discount - Mar 18, 2014.
The Open Analytics Summit, Chicago, March 27 is a great place for CTOs, Engineers, Developers, Data Scientists, and others to network and learn about open source technologies and big data analytics. Exclusive KDnuggets discount - register today!
- useR 2014: attend, sponsor R Analytics and Data Science conference - Feb 1, 2014.
Open invitation to attend and sponsor the main annual event of the R community, the useR! conference to be held in Los Angeles on Jul 1-3.
- Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, Jan 20-21: Data scientists who use OS tools earn more; JHU #DataScience Specialization - Jan 22, 2014.
Data scientists who master open source tools R, Python, Hadoop earn more; JHU offers 9-Course #DataScience Specialization via Coursera; The Life of a Data Scientist, Relentless, but in a Lazy Way; MADlib, a solution for #BigData Analytics
- Open Source Data Science Masters Curriculum - Dec 21, 2013.
A good collection of open source resources for Data Science Masters Curriculum, covering Math, Algorithms, Databases, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Analysis and Visualization, and Python.