- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
- The Future of Analytics: 3 Predictions for BI in 2015 - Nov 6, 2014.
A look at business intelligence in the year to come, in light of the latest developments in the industry: data keeps growing, companies demand self-service and agile software, and in-memory technology is forced to face its limitations.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.