- Anaconda Data Science Platform for R, Python, or both - Aug 19, 2015.
Got R, Python, or both? Download conda, the leading package and environment manager for data science, which works with both R and Python packages.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Science - Nov 25, 2014.
Top SlideShare data science presentations provide a unique view on topics like data science management, using Python and NumPy in your data science project, and leveraging data science for enterprise big data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Nov 17-23: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology? - Nov 24, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever?; Huge advance by Stanford and Google: #AI software recognizes images, writes captions; 20 Insane Things That Correlate W/ Each Other.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 17-18: Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? - Nov 19, 2014.
Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; Is #BigData The Most Hyped Technology Ever? No (at least not yet); How to become a data scientist in 8 (not so) easy steps;R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- Most Popular Slideshare Presentations on Data Mining - Nov 13, 2014.
SlideShare data mining presentations cover many topics, offering a unique way of consuming data mining content and exploring a variety of slideshows, both narrow and broad in scope.
- iMathCloud, Python Data Science Platform - Nov 10, 2014.
iMathResearch presents its first tool for big data analysis, offering easy access to computational tools, a simple Python-based interface, cloud-based collaboration, and private computational instances.
- STRATA + Hadoop World 2014 NYC Report - Nov 5, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World this year included workshops on subjects like Spark, R, and Python, interesting keynotes, and impressive detailed technical talks on subjects on Hadoop and new trends in big data.
- H2O World, Open Source Machine Learning Meeting, Nov 18-19, Mountain View - Oct 27, 2014.
H2O World (Nov 18-19, Mountain View) is where the users of the very popular Open Source Machine Learning Engine H2O gather to share their knowledge and know-how to build Smart Applications.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 21 and beyond - Oct 20, 2014.
Big Data Changes everything, Deep Learning + Apache Spark, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Linear Regression in Python, Demystify your data flows, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-14: Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama - Oct 15, 2014.
Also - The Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum: UW/Coursera + Harvard ; Statistical Modeling vs Machine Learning - mapping the terms and concepts; Very useful! Python 2.7 Quick Reference Sheet.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 14 and beyond - Oct 13, 2014.
Hadoop means Business, Which Half of Your Graphs are Lying, Deep Learning + Apache Spark, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Linear Regression in Python, and many more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- One-handed Keystroke Biometric Identification Competition - Oct 2, 2014.
Build a biometric keystroke classifier in this new competition to help identify the features that best predict one-handed typing samples. The prize for first place is a fingerprint scanner.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan - Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.
- Top stories for Jul 20-26 - Jul 27, 2014.
Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining; Spotting Bad Data Visualizations; MLlib: Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 18-20: Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining - Jul 21, 2014.
Baby steps in learning #Python for data analysis; My 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science - now in Techopedia; A good collection of #MachineLearning tools in #Python; Understanding Random Forests: From Theory to Practice - implementation.
- GraphLab Conference, Graph Analytics and Machine Learning, San Francisco July 21 - Jun 19, 2014.
GraphLab Conference (San Francisco, July 21) brings together experts in graph analytics, large scale machine learning, and data science from leading companies, academic institutions and organizations. Special KDnuggets discount.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 12, 2014.
Selection of the most useful Data Science cheat sheets, covering SQL, Python (including NumPy, SciPy and Pandas), R (including Regression, Time Series, Data Mining), MATLAB, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 25-27: Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from Big Data - Apr 28, 2014.
Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists from PyCon 2014; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from #BigData; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 23-24: It does look similar, but …; Why people are bad at technology predictions - Apr 25, 2014.
#BigData Cartoon: "It does look similar - but this one is powered by Hadoop"; Great list: 9 Python Machine Learning Books; Why people are bad at technology predictions; Too busy recommending things to experience them.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 16-17 - Apr 19, 2014.
Scikit-Learn: a great python library for machine learning; A map of where nobody lives in the US; Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data ; NYU @aghose on Est. Demand for Mobile Apps - Learn more: NYU Stern MS in Biz Analytics.
- Book Review: Data Just Right - Apr 7, 2014.
An introduction to technology and software at play in the current quest to define the Big Data Analytics computing paradigm, the book Data Just Right is reviewed in detail here.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 31 – Apr 1: Experfy marketplace for Data Science projects; Event Recommendation in Python - Apr 2, 2014.
Experfy launches a marketplace for #DataScience projects; Machine Learning Project: Event Recommendation in Python ; Anyone can see your email address on LinkedIn with this Chrome extension; 5 reasons to use R: free, popularity, power, flexibility, support.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- SciDB: Big Analytics without Big Hassles: In-Database Scalable R and Python, Apr 10 - Mar 27, 2014.
Next advance in analytical databases from renowned database researcher Mike Stonebraker - watch April webinar 10 about SciDB - open source, array database with native scalable complex analytics, programmable from R and Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.
- Webinar: Building Predictive Apps with BigML API, March 11 - Mar 4, 2014.
BigML interface makes machine learning easy to use, the underlying API provides the same functionality enabling data scientists to quickly implement many machine learning and predictive applications. Learn more on March 11.
- Online Data Science Certificates: Analytics and Programming for Data Science - Mar 1, 2014.
Statistics.com, a leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics announces two new online certificates for Data Science - "Analytics for Data Science" and "Programming for Data Science".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.
- Top stories for Feb 16-22 - Feb 23, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; Anaconda: Free, enterprise-ready Python for Big data; Why numbers do not tell the complete story.
- DEAP, Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python, Framework for Rapid Prototyping - Feb 20, 2014.
DEAP is a novel evolutionary computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas, seeking to make algorithms explicit and data structures transparent. Free Download.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 14-17: One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; The Myth of the Bell Curve – human performance - Feb 18, 2014.
One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; The Myth of the Bell Curve - human performance usually follows Power Law; Pylearn2, an open source Machine Learning library; Anaconda: Free enterprise-ready Python for Big data, Predictive Analytics.
- Anaconda: Free enterprise-ready Python for Big data, Predictive Analytics - Feb 15, 2014.
125+ cross-platform tested and optimized Python packages for advanced analytics totally free, even for commercial use.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
- Top stories for Feb 2-8: Predicting Sochi Olympics Medals; 3 Ways to Test Predictive Models - Feb 10, 2014.
Using Data Mining to Predict the Winter Olympics Medal Counts in Sochi; Top stories in January: Tutorial: Data Science in Python; 3 Ways to Test the Accuracy of Your Predictive Models; Viewpoint: Statistical Data Science, The Data Analysis Side.