- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka
- Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science from Statistics.com - Jan 24, 2014.
Many interesting online courses covering Decision Trees, Machine Learning Tools, Python for Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Hadoop, Forecasting, Data Visualization, and more, from Statistics.com.
- Globys: Applied Data Scientist, Machine Learning and Data Science - Jan 23, 2014.
This is Data Science experience of a lifetime - implement (mainly in Python) machine learning and complex data analytics on massive datasets for real-time marketing.
- KDnuggets 14:n02, Split on Data Science; Data Science in Python Tutorial - Jan 22, 2014.
Split on Data Science - Team vs Individual Approach, Data Science in Python - free tutorial, PASS Free Online Business Analytics Training - Feb 5, Confessions of a Dataholic, and more analytics/data mining news.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.
- Free Tutorial: Data Science in Python - Jan 14, 2014.
This Data Science in Python tutorial covers importing data, scikit-learn basics, aggregation and grouping, feature engineering, model evaluation, and deployment.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 8-9: Great list of NLP APIs; Python erodes R hegemony, but do not go all-in Python now - Jan 10, 2014.
Great list of 25+ NLP APIs for Sentiment Analysis, Text Processing, Topic Extraction; MLbase: Distributed Machine Learning using Apache Spark; "Sexy" Data Science should be a Team Sport, or it will fail ; LinkedIn files lawsuit over data-mining bots which mine user profiles