- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-31: How to become a #DataScientist for Free; The R universe of Hadley Wickham - Sep 3, 2015.
How to become a #DataScientist for Free; #BigData is Out, #MachineLearning is in; The universe of Hadley Wickham, the Man Who Revolutionized R; Book review: Fundamentals of #DeepLearning.
- Anaconda Data Science Platform for R, Python, or both - Aug 19, 2015.
Got R, Python, or both? Download conda, the leading package and environment manager for data science, which works with both R and Python packages.
- EARL2015 Conference for users, developers of R, London (Sep 14-16) and Boston (Nov 2-4) - Aug 15, 2015.
The primary focus of both London and Boston Conferences is the commercial use and application of R across a broad range of business sectors.
- Surfing the Big Data Wave at H2O World - Nov 25, 2014.
Recent H2O World event showcased its open-source, scalable machine learning in the cloud, intended for people familiar with R but limited by its scalability. H2O can run on Hadoop and also on Apache Spark.
Pages: 1 2
- Top stories for Nov 16-22: R, Hadoop make machine learning possible for all; Azure ML is the next big thing - Nov 23, 2014.
R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone; Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists? 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 09-16: 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist; Learn How Google Understands You - Nov 17, 2014.
8 Steps to Becoming a Data Scientist; Learn How Google Understands You; Workday #BigData Analysis can predict which employees likely to leave; A Very Good #DeepLearning Tutorial;
- R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone - Nov 16, 2014.
R and Hadoop make machine learning approachable enough for inexperienced users to begin analyzing and visualizing interesting data to start down the path in this lucrative field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 10-11: R on its way to the top 10; Using #MachineLearning to Detect Abnormalities - Nov 12, 2014.
Statistical language R on its way to the top 10; California rules #DataScience, but there's a very long tail; How to Explain #BigData to Your Grandmother; Using #MachineLearning to Detect Abnormalities in Time Series Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 5-6: Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 2 ways Big Data can make us happier - Nov 7, 2014.
Good news for Data Scientists! Free access to Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; 100 Years of Computer Science and 10 academic papers that changed computing; Internet Saturated Nations; For every job-seeker in #BigData sector there are 3.6 jobs.
- STRATA + Hadoop World 2014 NYC Report - Nov 5, 2014.
Strata + Hadoop World this year included workshops on subjects like Spark, R, and Python, interesting keynotes, and impressive detailed technical talks on subjects on Hadoop and new trends in big data.
- H2O World, Open Source Machine Learning Meeting, Nov 18-19, Mountain View - Oct 27, 2014.
H2O World (Nov 18-19, Mountain View) is where the users of the very popular Open Source Machine Learning Engine H2O gather to share their knowledge and know-how to build Smart Applications.
- Simplilearn: Enroll in Analytics and Big Data Training, get free Amazon Fire (until Oct 31) - Oct 27, 2014.
Be technically competent in data analytics processes with Simplilearn Business Analytics, Big Data, SAS, R, and Hadoop training. Enroll by Oct 31 and get a free Amazon Fire.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 15-16: STOP and THINK cartoon; Math Model predicts Ebola to burn out in December - Oct 17, 2014.
STOP and THINK, sometimes the simplest caption is the best; This model tracks Ebola outbreak well so far, predicts Ebola to burn out in December; BAH launches online course "Explore Data Science"; Watch: R wizard Hadley Wickham dplyr tutorial at useR! 2014 conf.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Book: Modern Optimization with R - Oct 10, 2014.
Learn the most relevant concepts related to modern optimization methods and how to apply them using multi-platform, open source, R tools in this new book on metaheuristics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 1-2: R wizard Hadley Wickham “Advanced R” book online - Oct 3, 2014.
R wizard Hadley Wickham "Advanced R" book online; IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook; Mirador, a tool for visual exploration of complex datasets; The End of the (Human) Data Scientist Bubble?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 24-25: Statistical & Machine learning with R, great 15 hour online course - Sep 26, 2014.
Watch: Statistical and Machine learning with R, 15 hour online course; 50 Data Science and Statistics Blogs worth reading; Microsoft: Data Scientist; Book: Frequent Pattern Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 17-18: 20 questions to ask a Data Scientist; Business Analytics ROI is 1301% - Sep 19, 2014.
20 questions you should ask a Data Scientist for a good conversation; Mad (Data) Scientist asks: "Why Are We Still Teaching t-tests?"; Great slides from @RDataMining: Intro, Data Exploration, Regression, Classification; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R.
- Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R - Sep 17, 2014.
Try the newly-released version of Rattle, the open source R package for data mining, and enjoy accessing a huge array of data mining algorithms through a convenient interface.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-19: Big Data moves to “Trough of Disillusionment” in Gartner Hype Cycle - Aug 20, 2014.
Big Data moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner Hype Cycle; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science; Exploring Hotel Review Data from Trip Advisor with R.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 5 and beyond - Aug 4, 2014.
Hadoop and Relational DB, Seductiveness of Big Data, SAS to R, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 29 and beyond - Jul 28, 2014.
Applications in R, Data-Driven Business, The Grammar and Graphics of Data Science, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Hadoop and the Relational Database, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics - Jul 16, 2014.
Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, July 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics; Watch: Machine Learning Summer School Pittsburgh 2014; US "Data Scientist" average salary up over 10%, to $112K.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-6: Cartoon: Facebook Data Science and happy cats; plyrmr makes R work seamlessly with Hadoop - Jul 8, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines happy kittens and Facebook emotion manipulation data science experiment; plyrmr package for making R work seamlessly with Hadoop; Useful for #DataScience: Simple script from setting up R, Git, and Jags on Amazon EC2; How companies use R to compete.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 23-24: Machine learning in the cloud: Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - Jun 25, 2014.
Machine learning in the cloud: the brains behind Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - key first step in analyzing a new data set; Mapmaking for R Programmers - an introduction. What is Text Analytics?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 20-22: Great visualization of English letters; Good list of R functions to manipulate data - Jun 23, 2014.
Great visualization: English letters in words; Good list of R functions to manipulate data; Watch: Practical Deep-Learning Lecture: Machine Perception and Applications; Wikipedia Usage Statistics - analyze this 4TB data set in AWS cloud.
- Data Visualization of Census Data with R - Jun 20, 2014.
This article shows step-by-step how to use R to access US Census Data, visualize it, and plot it on the map.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 18-19: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode opens GitHub for data - Jun 20, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode Analytics opens 'GitHub for data'; Data Science Stack Exchange Q&A site. Big Data Analytics with Google Big Query and R.
- The R User Conference, June 30 – July 3, Los Angeles - Jun 19, 2014.
The open source R language is a leading tool for data scientists. Attend useR! conference, the main annual event of the R community, June 30 - July 3, in Los Angeles.
- KDnuggets Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll – Analyzed - Jun 17, 2014.
We analyze the results of KDnuggets Software Poll, including correlations between tools, and relationships between commercial, free, and Hadoop/Big Data tools. We identify a potential capability gap. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 4-5: “Practical Data Science with R” stands out; Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs - Jun 6, 2014.
How does "Practical Data Science with R" book stand out ? Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs: San Francisco, McLean, Boston, St. Louis, and Toronto; Big jump in #BigData applications, code built with Apache Spark ; 76 Startup Failure Post-Mortems.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-3: SAS vs R vs SPSS – Statistical Wars; RDataMining R Refcard for Data Mining - Jun 4, 2014.
SAS vs R vs SPSS - Statistical Language Wars - a giant infographic ; Very useful - R Refcard for Data Mining; Mind-boggling - The Internet in Real-Time - how quickly data is generated ; #BigData, Open Data, and Open Govt - Venn Diagram.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 30 – Jun 1: Guide to Setting Up an R-Hadoop ; 100+ Interesting Data Sets - Jun 2, 2014.
Tutorial: Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up an R - #Hadoop System; 100+ Interesting Data Sets for Statistics (and Data Science); #BigData sets available for free - big list from Data Science Central ; Twitter to release all tweets to scientists - a research boon and an ethical dilemma.