- 2015 RecSys Challenge: predicting online purchases from clicks - Nov 14, 2014.
ACM RecSys 2015 poses the 2015 RecSys Challenge, seeking researchers interested in prediction of purchases and clicks from online users using a dataset provided by a large European retailer.
- UBS: Recommender System Specialist - Nov 4, 2014.
Analyze and interpret large amounts of client data in order to identify the specific needs of distinct client groups and to finally work up personalized investment proposals.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-12: The entire global economy in one chart; New heroes of #BigData and Analytics - Aug 13, 2014.
The World Bank sums up the entire global economy in one chart; The new heroes of #BigData and Analytics - Chief Data Officers; Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business; Watch: "Building Recommender Systems" by Netflix Research/Eng Director.
- Book: Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendations - Jul 28, 2014.
Learn about the challenges of the recommendation problem and common probabilistic solutions to it, then dive into state of the art techniques in Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendation.
- Uni. Paderborn: Paid PhD position, Machine Learning / Predictive Analytics / Data Mining - May 27, 2014.
Support research projects in machine learning and data mining, help students in Kaggle competitions, help teach. Position is offered for 2 years with possible extension. This position is now closed.
- New Book on Realtime Analytics and Recommendation Engines - Jan 23, 2014.
The book covers realtime analytics and its application to recommendation engines from a control-theoretic perspective.