- SAS: Text Analytics Fellowship - Nov 22, 2014.
Open to PhD candidates in CS, related fields in US, this fellowship offers the opportunity to work closely with Text Analytics professionals to develop software. Apply by Jan 23.
- Simplilearn: Enroll in Analytics and Big Data Training, get free Amazon Fire (until Oct 31) - Oct 27, 2014.
Be technically competent in data analytics processes with Simplilearn Business Analytics, Big Data, SAS, R, and Hadoop training. Enroll by Oct 31 and get a free Amazon Fire.
- Modern Analytics: Statistician/SAS Programmer - Oct 24, 2014.
Work closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support.
- DataLadder outperforms IBM and SAS in Record Linkage - Oct 16, 2014.
Data scientists from the Centre for Data Linkage at Curtin U. found that Connecticut-based firm Data Ladder has outperformed several major companies on record linkage.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-23: Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course - Sep 24, 2014.
Machine Learning for (Smart) Dummies: 7 week course; Ex-Googler shares his #BigData secrets, creates Quest; Predicting crime with #BigData - "Minority Report" for real; Test Your Level of Expertise with SAS, R, and Python.
- 10 reasons to attend the Analytics 2014 conference - Sep 17, 2014.
Don't miss Analytics 2014 conference, at Bellagio Las Vegas, Oct 20-21. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should attend, including a KDnuggets discount.
- INFORMS The Business of Big Data 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Sep 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from Accenture, Analytics Media Group, SAS and Intel on day 2 of INFORMS The Business of Big Data.
- SAS Analytics 2014, Las Vegas, October - Sep 4, 2014.
Join nearly a thousand analytics professionals at the Analytics 2014 conference in Las Vegas on Oct 20-21. Learn new skills. Grow your network. Have fun! Big KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 26 and beyond - Aug 25, 2014.
Tableau, Big Companies, Personalized Healthcare, Lavastorm Analytics, Mapping, Data Integration, SiSense, SAS and Cloudera and more.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- SAS Analytics, Data Mining, Statistics Training – Limited Time Offer - Aug 12, 2014.
SAS is celebrating training a million users! Don’t miss your opportunity to experience the SAS Business Knowledge Series with this special offer. Register by Aug 31 with promo code BKS1M and save.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 5 and beyond - Aug 4, 2014.
Hadoop and Relational DB, Seductiveness of Big Data, SAS to R, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Personalized Healthcare, Data Science at the Command Line, and more.
- Join the brightest minds at Analytics 2014 - Jul 29, 2014.
The Analytics 2014 conference hosted by SAS will help you hone your skills, learn new techniques and widen your understanding of this complex and ever-changing field. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Making sense of text analytics - Jul 15, 2014.
Text Analytics and Sentiment Mining Using SAS course teaches you how to organize, manage and mine textual data to extract the best information to improve your business. Atlanta in August and Rockville in October.
- Modern Analytics: Intermediate Statistician/SAS Programmer - Jul 11, 2014.
This full-time consulting role works closely with clients during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models to provide high-quality statistical modeling support. San Diego, CA.
- Behind the scenes insights with data mining expert Gordon Linoff - Jul 2, 2014.
Gordon Linoff is a widely respected thought leader, practitioner and teacher in the area of data mining. Register for his 2014 classes in Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Atlanta, or Dallas.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 30 and beyond - Jun 30, 2014.
CAP Theorem (key Big Data idea), Analytics and Machine Learning, SAS and Hadoop, MongoDB, Data Lakes, Data Visualization, and more.
- Analytics 2014 Conference – Oct 20-21, Las Vegas - Jun 24, 2014.
Analytics 2014 features four keynote speakers and more than 40 breakout sessions on hot topics like visual analytics, social media analytics, predictive modeling, and much more! Register by Aug 1 to get the early rates.
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-3: SAS vs R vs SPSS – Statistical Wars; RDataMining R Refcard for Data Mining - Jun 4, 2014.
SAS vs R vs SPSS - Statistical Language Wars - a giant infographic ; Very useful - R Refcard for Data Mining; Mind-boggling - The Internet in Real-Time - how quickly data is generated ; #BigData, Open Data, and Open Govt - Venn Diagram.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 28-29: SAS University Edition free software; Google Quantum Computing Playground - May 30, 2014.
SAS University Edition offers free #SAS software for higher education, teaching; Ultra-cool! Google "Quantum Computing Playground" - fiddle with quantum algorithms; Thomson Reuters: Data Scientist ; Realtime Personalization and Recommendation with Stream Mining.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 12 and beyond - May 12, 2014.
Who Owns the Data, The New Database Frontier, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Purchase history to Customer Projects, Hadoop and YARN, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 5 and beyond - May 5, 2014.
SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Hadoop, WCAI Oppy: Purchase history to id customer projects, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 30 – May 1: Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Donut - May 2, 2014.
Useful! Chart Cheat Sheet: When to use Bar, Stacked, Line, Donut, Choropleth; Microsoft Data Scientist; The Deep Dive: SAS vs. R: younger Data Scientists prefer R ; Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 28 and beyond - Apr 28, 2014.
Stuck in Traffic, Beyond Excel, Evolving Your BI Strategy, BLU Acceleration with Cognos, SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking Featuring David Meintrup, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.
- SAS: Research Statistician Developer - Apr 2, 2014.
Create innovative software to apply cutting-edge analytical techniques working with textual data from customer comments, social media, emails, and other sources.
- SAS Competition for Top Data Scientist in UK, Ireland - Apr 2, 2014.
The contest, open to the academic and business communities, aims to find UK and Ireland best talent in analytics and data science. The goal is to produce an innovative forecast of energy demand.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- SAS Analytics U to offer free software, MOOCs - Mar 25, 2014.
The new SAS University Edition and already established SAS OnDemand for Academics offer free use of SAS foundational technologies, ideal for data and statistical analysis in teaching, research and self-paced learning.
- Need more insight into Web analytics and intelligence? - Mar 18, 2014.
This course will show you how to improve your web site effectiveness and marketing measurements, with state-of-the-art web analytics and data mining techniques and real-life case studies.
- Data Mining Best Practices – coming to a city near you! - Mar 18, 2014.
The "Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices" course, presented by SAS and Elder Research, introduces you to the power and potential of data mining and shows you how to discover useful patterns and trends from data.
- Scholarships for first-ever Women in Statistics conference, May 15-17, Cary, NC - Mar 13, 2014.
The JMP team and SAS Women’s Initiatives Network want to empower three statistics students by helping them attend the Women in Statistics conference. Apply by April 11.
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.
- Learn to identify complex and dynamic relationships in multi-level data - Feb 4, 2014.
This advanced class provides a conceptual understanding of multilevel linear models (MLM) and multilevel generalized linear models (MGLM).
- SAS surpasses $3 billion in 2013 revenue - Jan 27, 2014.
The growth reflects strong sales of SAS Visual Analytics, anti-fraud solutions (44%), cloud computing (20%), data management and certain industry-specific applications (16-18%). For every one of its 38 years, SAS has grown revenue and shown a profit.
- Discover the power of business analytics - Dec 21, 2013.
SAS Business Knowledge Series offers courses by top industry experts on latest business practices, concepts, and techniques.