- SQL School tackles the data analyst shortage - Nov 17, 2014.
SQL School is a free, interactive tutorial from Mode Analytics, written by analysts for aspiring analysts. Check it out!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-7: Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs? - Aug 8, 2014.
Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science; New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining in 2014; If you love Pizza and #DataScience, here is a unique job for you.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 2 and beyond - Jun 2, 2014.
SQL-on-HaDOOP, BigML, ClearStory, Analytic Maturity with Dean Abbott and TIBCO, Just Enough Math, Analytically Speaking with Dan Ariely, Data Mining FTL, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 23-25: Data Science vs. Statistics: one big difference; A SQL query walks into a bar - May 26, 2014.
Data Science vs. Statistics: one big difference in Data Science focus; TGIF: A SQL query walks into a bar, approaches two girls at two tables ...; Amazing demo - IBM #Watson analyzes topic, presents a speech, can debate opponents; Microsoft #Kinect as Inexpensive #BigData Tool.
- Uppd8: An Engine for the Wisdom of Crowds - May 15, 2014.
What people think matters. Uppd8 focuses on crowd sentiment analysis and provides tag-scored data based on different user types. Basic services will be provided for free.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-13: Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; How to analyze Facebook Networks using R - May 14, 2014.
Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; Clever hack: How to analyze Facebook Networks using R; Very useful - Introduction to #SQL for Data Scientists; Planning a late career shift to Analytics /Data Science? Be prepared.
- Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 12, 2014.
Selection of the most useful Data Science cheat sheets, covering SQL, Python (including NumPy, SciPy and Pandas), R (including Regression, Time Series, Data Mining), MATLAB, and more.
- 3 Key Trends in the DBMS Market - May 3, 2014.
The top 3 trends in DBMS include market consolidation, moving beyond OLTP, and distributed computing - we examine them in detail.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 28-29 - Apr 30, 2014.
9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining; Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; statsTeachR - great free resource; What every Data Scientist needs to know about SQL.
- Online Data Science Certificates: Analytics and Programming for Data Science - Mar 1, 2014.
Statistics.com, a leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics announces two new online certificates for Data Science - "Analytics for Data Science" and "Programming for Data Science".
- Method3: Experienced Big Data Software Engineer - Feb 27, 2014.
Method3, a leader in human capital, RPO, and technology solutions is seeking an experienced Big Data Software Engineer for a large Big4 client in the Irvine, CA area.
- Top stories for Jan 5-11: MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL; Rock Stars of Big Data - Jan 12, 2014.
MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL for Data Scientists; IEEE Rock Stars of Big Data Presentations; Hadoop Elephants in the Cloud.